Starstruck

Camila Cabello was wasting her Saturday night. This was not why her family had come to Toronto. They had travelled all the way from Miami, to visit their grandma, who they hadn't seen in a few years, but her older sister, Stacy, only saw it as an opportunity to go and find her idol, the world-renowned pop singer, Shawn Mendes, someone who Camila was not a fan of.

Shawn Mendes was a 19-year-old pop sensation who had achieved the success that others dream of and he had an army of fangirls all clawing their way to meet him and unfortunately for Camila, Stacy was one of them.

Stacy knew everything about him, where he ate, his favourite place to go clubbing, his favourite store, anything and everything except for where he lived and his phone number, which was a real downer for Stacy, but success for Camila.

Camila was currently sitting in her grandmother's purple car, banned from leaving by Stacy, but Stacy was not allowed to leave without Camila with her. Instead of taking her in to watch Shawn perform she left her in the car, listening to his CD. Which Camila was quickly becoming bored with.

Finally, after another ten minutes of listening to his CD, Camila had had enough and stormed out of the car leaving the keys in and the car unlocked, not caring if the car was stolen or anything else.

She made her way around to the front of the club, to find a large queue, all lined up in hope of getting a glimpse of the Canadian star. Cursing under her breath, Camila made her way round to the back of the club where she found an open door, making her way to the door, she placed her hand on the handle when the door flung open hitting her in the face.

"Ow!" She looked up to find a concerned brunette boy, looking down at her, the one and only, "Shawn Mendes?" His hand immediately clamped over her mouth, "Sh!"

"If you don't say my name, I will give you free tickets to any of my concerts you want to see." She shoved his hand away. "I don't want your tickets. I'm looking for my sister." He helped her up, before holding his hand out. "What?" "Nice to meet you..." "Camila." She snapped. His eyes widened. "Ok, well Camila, I'll see you around." She stormed off. "I hope not."

She made her way back to where her sister parked her car to find it gone. She groaned. "Need some help?" She turned to find Shawn. "No. I'll walk to my grandma's." "And how far does your grandma live?" She sighed. "Would you like a lift?" She nodded and they walked to his car, trying to be subtle.

Once inside and on the road she asked, "Why are you helping me?" "I hit you in the head with a door, I can't let you go without making it up to you." He flicked the music on and out came his voice.

"Oh, please have mercy on me and take it easy on my hear-" He was cut off by the music being turned off by Camila. "I just spent an hour in the car, listening to your voice. I'm not doing it again." He looked over shocked.

"Do you not like me?" "I think you're a perfectly nice person, with decent music but a person gets sick of it when they have an obsessive sister, who knows everything about you and makes you listen to your music every waking moment." He nodded.

"Well, what would you like to listen to?" She thought for a moment. "Do you have any John Mayer?" He grinned. "Of course! He's my idol!" She giggled. "Choose which CD you want." She searched for them before deciding on, 'Continuum'. She pushed the CD in and a moment later, the first track began to come through.

'Me and all my friends
We're all misunderstood
They say we stand for nothing and
There's no way we ever could'

Shawn sang along to the melodic tune and Camila sat in awe as she heard his voice in person. It really was great, it wasn't auto tune. He really did have talent. Soon the chorus began and Camila began to sing the lyrics too.