Chapter 3

Lovino looked at the man running up to him in horror. So this was how he died not even by the hands of a god but by some random person that decided it would be a good idea to run up and stab him.

He flinched a bit as the man got to the tree but didn't feel the blade anywhere. All he heard was sawing? What the hell?

He looked over to where the man was. He was sawing... but why? Why didn't he just end his life when he could? It probably would be much easier for this odd man to kill him but he didn't... 

"Uhhh what are you doing?" He asked the man who was now almost frantically trying to get the ropes off. "Right now I'm trying to get these ropes off before he gets here" he motioned to the humanoid figure getting closer. "Oh..." He honestly didn't know what to do at that moment other than to stand there extremely confused. 

After a few moments the ropes were off and the man grabbed his hand and started running. He stumbled at first but soon matched the mans pace and looked behind of them. The glowing figure was very close to the tree but it was looking at him. He shivered a bit  and quickly returned his gaze to in front of him. 

They ran in silence for awhile neither talking just running and jumping over logs heading to some unknown location. 

Finally the man stopped in front if a temple. Then the man turned to him smiling. "I'm sorry we didn't get properly introduced but my name is Antonio and I'm the forest god." Lovino stared at him for awhile then shook his head "I'm Lovino and I was supposed to be killed by you"

Antonio tilted his head in confusion looking at lovinos robes then made and 'oh' shape with his mouth "I don't kill people.. I would never do that.." He stare at Antonio for a long time then shook his head in disbelieve. 

"So you are telling me that we have been sacrificing people for hundreds of years and you weren't even killing them?" 

Antonio nodded "sí I didn't even know people were being sacrificed..." Lovino shook his head baffled "so how the hell did you know I was there on the tree and why did you save me?"

The other looked at him a bit confused at first "ohh... I went to a nearby village and heard a commotion about me and I decided to find out what was going on. I heard about there being a sacrifice but I knew I had never asked for one so I knew something wasn't right. I sat at my temple for a while then I heard shouting and I decided to see what it was because mortals never enter the forest this late at night. But I was a little careful because that's the god of deaths part of the forest so I came over prepared then I saw you" he smiled at Lovino. 

"But why the hell did you save me? I'm a fucking mortal so I mean nothing to you"

Antonio smiled a bit sheepishly "I don't really know why I saved you..." He chuckled a bit "I guess I couldent stand by and watch a person as-" he coughed awkwardly and looked away. 

Lovino looked at Antonio confused "what the hell is wrong with you? And a person as?..." Lovino looked at the other for him to finish the sentence. 

"A-a uh person as... nice as you" he said though it seemed he was trying to cover up what he was originally going to say. 

Lovino blinked then chuckled a bit "wow you can really read people" he said sarcastically.  Antonio frowned a bit "well.. I do need someone to help me" Lovino glared at him "what do I look like a maid to you?"

"No but there isn't really anywhere else for you to go because everyone thinks you're dead" he smiled a bit. 

Lovino glare at him "well.. I can go to another town that doesn't  know who I am!" He smirked a bit thinking he won. 

"No there is a god of death looking for you in the forest and if he sees- oh no... He is going to be so mad at me for saving you though..." He looked at the ground thinking if something to do. 

"Well whatever bastardo I... I guess I'll help you because I don't really feel like getting killed today.."

Antonio looked at him smiling "yay! So I'll show you my place" he smiled walking up to the temple which looked as if it hadn't been used in awhile. When they got there there was a place behind the temple which looked more like a home but entirely made of trees. 

Antonio looked at Lovino smiling "this is where I live!" Lovino looked around not sure what to think other than this was a crap ton of trees. 

"Do you not like it?.." Antonio looked at the other. "Eh.. It's a lot if trees... I guess it's home-like..." Antonio smiled "sí. This is you room and this is mine then there's other stuff over here" he pointed to all the places and gave Lovino a tour of his house. 

After what felt like an hour of walking around Lovino went to his bed room "Oi bastardo where's the bed?" He looked around seeing no bed and Antonio poked his head in "oh it's right there" he pointed to a nook in one of the trees. 

"You expect me to sleep there bastardo?" He glare at Antonio but he was already gone. Lovino sighed to himself an laid down. It wasn't hard like he expected it to be sense it was a tree. He looked closer and saw that he was laying on waved leaves and got under them because they were like a blanket and a mattress. 

He yawned looking around wondering what everyone back at his village was doing or thinking then closed his eyes and drifted of to sleep.