Chapter 11 - Wild Unrest

Chapter 11

Wild Unrest

It was nearly midnight when Evan heard Will knock on her door. He was wet, like he was in rain, and his blue eyes were full of unsettlement. "You apologized to Jem." She said, not letting him in. "And he gave you a goodbye, didn't he?"

"The yin fen is being controlled by Mortmain." Will said.

"There's an Institute in Shanghai, right?" Evan asked. "Why not have Mrs. Branwell write to them, have them get as much yin fen as they can and ship it here - before Mortmain can get that far. Doesn't he only control the London part of the trades?"

Will shook his head, a grin spreading on his face. "Of course - I don't understand why I hadn't thought of that already -"

"You're worried." Evan said. "Should it wait until morning or....?"

"Morning, I think." Will sighed. "Or should we wake her now -"

"Will," Evan sighed, grabbing his hand to stop him. "Maybe talk to Jem first about it. In the morning when you've had some sleep. Okay?"

Will, surprisingly, dropped a kiss on the top of her head. "I believe I owe you a great deal, Evan."

"Nope," Evan smiled. "Just a thank you when it's all over. Oh! Just a second." Evan turned to grab Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets from her desk. "Here, I should have gotten this to you a while a go."

"Thank you, Evan." Will smiled. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight!" Evan chirped as Will went to his own room.