"The Talk"

I got back from work, threw my car keys on the counter top and jumped right into bed. When I woke up It was chilly, I was so tired I didn't even bother putting on my blanket before I drifted off to sleep. I grabbed my phone to check the time, 8:30 pm it read on the home screen of my Samsung s3. 'How long have I been sleeping for?' I mentally ask myself, I came back home at 5 so thats nearly three hours, wow. "No messages and no calls" I say as I go through my phone, I sigh and walked downstairs where mum dad and my two sisters were waiting for me. I rubbed my eyes and let out a yawn "good morning" dad says sarcastically. I ignore him and walk into the kitchen, my sibling's eyes followed me. "What?" I say confused by their expressions, "nothing" my youngest sister Alia replies. I shake my head and open the fridge door, I reached in for the chocolate which caught my eye. "The white chocolate is mine!" My second youngest sister, yelled as she snatched it from my hand. "Geez, so much for treating me like I'm the oldest" I say as I roll my eyes and pour myself a glass of orange juice.

I walk back into the Lounge where I find my parents whispering to each other. "Ahem Ahem" I say as I grab a seat on the sofa opposite dad, I take a sip of refreshing orange juice and stare at mum and dad with a raised eyebrow. They have been acting quite not themselves recently, "so... how was your day at work today?" Dad says out of the blue, "umm, I am a 19 year old dad. How do you expect my day to be?" I reply sternly since my parents have been acting wierd and they know I hate it when they try to act all nice to me because they want me to do something for them. "Oh, I was just asking casually you know" dad replied along with a smirk. "Alright dad, I've had enough just tell me what you want from me" I say as I scan mum's face briefly. Dad sighs and comes to sit next to me, he put his warm hands on mine. "Look mina, please listen to me carefully" he says as his eyes fill up with tears. "Is something wrong dad, are you okay?" I say as I start to worry about dad.

"I'm fine, I just need to tell you something very important" dad replies as he takes a glance at mum, who is sitting on the sofa opposite of dad and I. She looked worried too, her eyes watery and her pale face full of worry. She looked back at dad and threw a gentle smile at me. "Mina!" Dad yells, I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't even realise that dad was calling my name for the past minute. "Sorry dad, continue" I say with a shaky voice. "Mina, do you remember a long time ago I had a friend named sooraj?" Dad asks. "Yeah, of course I remember him, how can I forget him? He's the nicest man I know" I say to dad. Dad's expression changes, from a smile to a frown. "Mina, I want you to marry his son" dad says softly as he carcasses my hand. I was shocked by his words, I told dad that I don't want to get married especially not now, I'm only 19. Tears fill my eyes and I feel a deep rage form inside my body, I jerk my hand out of dad's and get up from the sofa. "Mina please, at least have a think about it" mum says softly. "No mum!" I yell loudly, my face was burning with anger and my hands clenched into a fist. Mum was shocked, her jaw dropped due to my response, " I am seriously sick and tired of you guys telling me to get married, both of you's clearly know that I will not get married at such a Young age. And it's not just because I'm young, it's because I want to focus on my job, im a successful financial officer and I love my job. I just can't okay."

I look at mum and dad's faces one more time, thier expressions blank. I stomp off to my room and shut the door with a loud bang. I throw myself on my bed and cry into my favourite cushion. For the past hour I lay in bed crying and not realising the time I drifted off to sleep.

A/N: hey guys, please let me know how you guys found that first part. Im not much of a good writer but I try ;) please comment and vote. Thank you all.
<3 Abby