Square one

Sid's POV: (continued)

I felt terrible for what had happened to Mina, I decided to talk to my parents about marriage and as soon as Mina is out of hospital we can get married. I have decided to hand the case over to Adam, he might be able to find out who is after our family. These thoughts passed through my mind I hadn't realised that I dosed off to sleep.

I woke up due to the vibration of my mobile, the screen flashed "unknown number" that's strange, no one ever calls me from an unknown number. I decided not to answer the call, I switched off my mobile and looked over to check up on Mina who was surprisingly awake. She just stared, didn't utter a word. Her face was as pale as milk and pupils so dark as if she had seen something horrific. "Mina, how are you feeling?" I asked, not a single word from her. she must be extremely worried. Soon the doctor came in, he flashed a warm smile at me and then proceeded to check Mina's blood pressure and temperature. I looked at him in hope of some answers as to what had happened to her. He just looked at Mina and I back and forth and then continued to fill in a few forms. "She is all good to go home, just sign this form before you leave." The doctor said with a smile. "That's great! just a quick question, may I know the reason for her falling into sudden coma?" I asked with concern.

The doctor pushed his dark framed glasses up his sharp nose and slowly nodded yes. "Well, she fell into a short- term coma due to any trauma that she has faced. The cause could be anything such as a simple fall but we are concerned that she has also faced minor trauma in the past, please take care of this beautiful young lady." With that being said, the doctor left the room, leaving Mina alone with me. She still wore the same expressionless look on her face. I couldn't comprehend if she was mad at me or still in trauma. I tried speaking to her but she turned her back towards me, maybe she's not ready to talk for now, I thought and left her to rest. As the evening drew closer, I decided to call Mina's parents, although I was the last person they would want to hear from, I had let them know about her condition. The line was ringing but unfortunately no one answered my call, I left Allie a message saying Mina's in hospital and that I have decided to take her home with me.

I drove back home in silence with Mina in the passenger seat next to me. I looked at her, hoping to hear something from her or even a simple smile but still not a word from her, it was driving me insane to see her in this condition but I knew I had to let her heal otherwise the damage could permanently destroy her mental health. After an hour of driving we finally reached home. As soon as I drove into the garage, my family members all came rushing down and were shocked to see Mina in my car or possibly they more shocked seeing her state of health. Everyone stared at me, besides Rohan who helped Mina to get out of the car. Mum and dad stared at me expecting an explanation but I had already decided to tell them that I am going to marry Mina and that is my final decision either they like it or not. After we all greeted each other, we headed upstairs, Rohan showed Mina to the guest room who then dosed off to sleep as soon as her head touched the pillow. She must be exhausted. Suddenly the door bell rang, "Come in!" mother yelled from the kitchen.
"It's Allie!" I heard her yell from the front door.

There I was, in the living room, surrounded with Mina's family and of course my parents. Mina's mother was being hysterical, blaming me for breaking Mina's heart.

"Aunty, please try to understand." I said sternly. "The reason she is in this state is not because of me it's because of all of you! Had you not forced her to stay away from me she would've been fine, but of course you all can never see us happy. She has been through thick and thin for her family but you don't treat her the way she deserves to be treated, which is why I am going to marry her either you agree or disagree!" I yelled as loud as I could. I've had enough of everyone telling me how to live my life and who to live it with.

Everyone was quiet after my rant, they all looked shocked and Rohan rushed out of his room to see what all the noise is about, he put his hand on my shoulder as a gesture to calm down however, I was so furious that I just felt numb and didn't know what to do. "Sid, I agree with you, you are right son. We have no right to force you out of Mina's life, please to what you think is right as I am happy with your decision. I know you respect her, and I am deeply sorry for doubting your character" Mina's dad said. I was taken aback by his reaction. He was so calm and accepting just like the first time I met him. Mina's mother joined in as well and said that she agreed and she was willing to talk to Mina about it. My parents weren't too happy with my decision but it didn't matter to me, she's perfect to me and no one's opinion is going to change that. Rohan was distant from me but I could tell from his expressions that he was happy with my decision of marrying Mina. However, I still wasn't happy with the fact that both mine and Mina's parents didn't apologise for ruining Mina's character and telling people that she's a bad person because she was raped. A woman's character is not to be judged just because she has been raped, everyone is equal and should be treated as equals.
"Wait!" I yelled as everyone celebrated and cheered. At that moment everyone's expression went completely blank.
"I'm not quite happy just yet." I sighed.
"What's wrong dear"? Mina's mother asked as she patted my back.
"To be very honest with you all. I understand that Mina needs a very deep apology from all of you for judging her character. Don't worry about me, just please apologise to her it would really make her feel better." I then walked off to the balcony to get some fresh air. I heard everyone mumbling inside, so I decided to shut them out with some music. I plugged in my headphones and swayed side to side as the soft melody of touched my soul. In that moment I had just forgotten about all my problems and felt so free.

Hello readers!!! It has been such a long time since I've updated and I really apologise for that. Thank you to everyone who have been so supportive, this one's for you guys! what are your thoughts on this chapter? Let me know in the comments, I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and appreciate any advice! Thank you once again, Please Vote and leave a comment.
Edit- what are your thoughts on different POV'S?

X Abby <3