Chapter 3

The elevator creaked and screeched as it rattled its way down to the lower floor. 

"Hello, and welcome to your first night at your new career Circus Baby's."  A voice echoed over the intercom.

Logan realized that this was a recording, since he was about to reply to the voice.

"We welcome you, you will be working the night-shift. Please enter your name on the keypad before we begin."

Logan typed in his name, but the screen was static and he might have typed it wrong.

"You seem to have had trouble with the keypad. I know what you were trying to type and I will autocorrect it for you." The voice explained. "Welcome, Eggs Benedict."

Logan sighed. "This will be a long night."

The elevator doors opened and he stepped through. He felt a sudden chill up his spine. "Oh gosh..." He whispered.

"Alright, now crawl through that vent to make your way to Ballora and Funtime Foxy's galleries."

Logan got down and crawled through the vent. He felt odd, like something was following him, but he shrugged and continued.

He stood up in a small office and looked around. There were several buttons one each side of the room.

"Alright, click the blue button on the left to see if Ballora is in her spot."

Logan reached over and pushed the blue button. A light went on in the nearby window, showing an empty stage.

"It looks like Ballora doesn't feel like dancing. Use the red button to give her a light shock."

Logan hesitated. I know this is a bad idea. I know this will go bad if I shock her. He thought.

He shined the light in the room once again. hoping that Ballora would show up on her stage. 

"Come on Ballora." He said quietly. "Please walk to your stage."

He waited a few moments and shined the light again. Ballora was standing on her stage, dancing. I wonder if she heard me. Logan thought.

"Good, now let's check Funtime Foxy's area and see if she is in her spot."

Logan looked over at the glass on his right. He pressed the blue button to see if Foxy was there. 

She wasn't of course.

"Looks like Funtime Foxy doesn't want to play, please give her a light shock to get her motivated."

I hope she's as cooperative as Ballora was.  Logan thought as he clicked the light. As he expected, Funtime Foxy was not there.

"Dang it, please Foxy, please be in your spot." He whispered. "I don't want to shock you."

He pressed the light button again and Foxy was on her stage. He sighed with relief. "Thank you." 

He noticed that Funtime Foxy looked like Mangle, as if she were fixed up. "Hmm, that's interesting."

"Good, now please crawl through the vent in front of you to get to Circus Baby's stage." The voice commanded.

Logan knelt down and crawled through the vent. When he got through, he was in an office that had a large glass window.

"The lights are currently out on Baby's stage, but please hit the button in front of you to see if she's on her stage."

He hit the button and saw that he could see nothing through the glass. It was pitch black. 

"Please give Baby a light shock to motivate her."

Logan leaned up to the window, ignoring the voice. He hit the light button and could see the silhouette of something in front of the window.

"H-hello?" Logan said softly.

"Hello..." Came a soft girl's voice. 

Logan was surprised that it responded, although it shouldn't have, considering his past.

"You're Baby, right?" He asked.

"Yes, I am." Her tone almost sounded sad.

"Well, they want me to shock you to put you back on stage, but I don't want to." Logan explained.

"I know, so I will, but may I ask you something, human?"

"Uh, sure." Logan replied.

"Why do you wish to not harm us? Most humans don't care, or do not realize." Baby asked.

"Well, I was once an animatronic, like you." Logan explained. "But I'm human now, it's kind of a long story."

"I'd like to hear it." Baby replied.

Logan could see her silhouette moving closer to the window until she stopped. She was right there in front of him. He could finally see what she looked like. He had seen her in the newspaper article before, and on the stage, but now was different.

Logan explained everything. He went all through the murder, the lost souls, the animatronic takeover, Golden Freddy, the purple guy, Springtrap, and even to bringing Mike back from the dead.

"Very interesting. You are very interesting." She said. "Please tell me more about yourself."

Logan was surprised. Was this animatronic really that interested? 

Is she a spirit, or is she just an animatronic? He thought.

Just as he was about to ask her that, she spoke.

"I'd better get back to my stage so you may return home." She turned and began to walk away, but before she was completely gone, she spoke again. "Be careful. Do not trust anyone."

She was gone.

"Good job, you have finished your first shift. Please exit through the vent behind you." The intercom voice stated.

Logan crawled through the vent, a bit slower this time. He felt calmer about this job now.

He then suddenly heard loud clanging behind him. Something was following him. He crawled faster, trying to outrun whatever was behind him.

He felt something touch his ankle and he kicked it back and exited the vent. He made his way to the elevator as fast as possible.

It slowly made its way upward, back to the surface.

Now he had to go and meet with those two kids, Emily and Alex.

They had wanted to show him something. Something related to Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria.