Chapter 8

Logan and Sherry rode the car down the quiet night road. Both were silent for a little while. Sherry, noticing a look of nervousness on Logan's face, decided to break the silence.

"What a night, am I right?" She said with a hint of cheerfulness.

"Y-yeah, it was." Logan replied.

"Are you alright?" Sherry asked.

"In a way, yes."

"What's that even mean?"

Logan sighed and leaned back in his seat. "I mean, we survived. We got out ok."

"But something's bothering you." Sherry replied.

Logan nodded. "It's just that..." He sighed. "I feel like..."

"Logan, please, just say it."

"At the beginning, I was actually really excited. I was going to solve the mystery of this place, just like you and Mike did!" He explained. "But now...Now I'm not so sure. I'm not him. I didn't free the souls of children, I didn't defeat an evil animatronic psychopath, and I didn't save my son from evil phantoms. You know what I did? I died! I just...I just died at my friend's birthday party!"

Sherry was silent.

Logan was silent.

The rest of the way back was silent.

As they drove, they were about to pass Emily and Alex's house.

"Drop me off here please..."

"Oh, alright."

Sherry stopped the car and dropped him off. "Remember to call me if you need anything." She said.

"I will." Logan replied.

He then walked to the house and knocked.

Emily immediately answered. "Logan, great timing!" She pulled him inside.

Alex had the tarp over the animatronic once again. "Prepare to be amazed!" He exclaimed as he yanked the tarp off.

There stood a now functioning version of the animatronic dragon.

"Huzzah! It works!" Emily said happily.

"How'd you do it?" Logan asked, now seeming interested.

"We've been searching and researching all around about the second restaurant and learned about the Raccoon animatronic that your friend Mike built." Alex explained.

"We ended up finding where it was stored and reverse engineered it's AI system." Emily added.

"I see, so it is fully functional now?" Logan asked.

"Of course!" Alex said.

He booted up the Dragon animatronic and it began to walk around. It noticed Logan and stepped up to him. "I recognize you." It stated.

"That's odd." Emily said. "It shouldn't retain in memories."

"Actually, it technically could. Considering it was a custom design by Mike, you may have copied the memory." Logan replied. "He always had an odd way of doing things."

"Interesting..." Alex stated.

"Then that's one question answered." Emily added.

There were a few minutes of silence. Finally, the animatronic broke the silence.

"You were the Marionette, am I correct?" He asked.

"Yes, and do you remember who you were?" Logan replied.

"Of course, I was Rocky the Raccoon, but now I'm something much different." He said. "What should I be called now?"

Emily suddenly smirked. "You'll be called Silver."