Chapter 10

Logan awoke, blinking his eye slowly. His head hurt like crazy. He grunted in pain as he tried to move, but he felt he was stuck.  All around him was metal, and all he could see out of was a metal face. He was inside of something. An animatronic he presumed.

"What's going on?" He mumbled.

"Shhh, be still and quiet. You've been sleeping for quite awhile. I think they noticed that you never left the building last night. Also, The cameras were searching for you, but they couldn't find you. I have you hidden too well. I kidnapped you." Baby's voice echoed through the room.

"Where's Sherry?" Logan asked frantically.

"Don't worry. She left." Baby said calmly.

Logan new for a fact that that was unlikely. Unless she'd gone for help, probably to get Mike or even Myra.

"Don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you. I am only going to keep you for a little while." She said.

Logan stayed still, now understanding that he had no control over this situation.

"Try not to wiggle, though. You're inside something that came from my old pizzeria. I don't think it was ever used, at least not the way it was meant to be used. Too dangerous. It's just big enough for one person to fit inside, but just barely." 

An old restaurant? Logan thought. 

"What old restaurant?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter." Baby replied.

"Can you tell me where I am?" Logan asked.

"You're in the Scooping Room. Do you know why they call it the Scooping Room? It's because, dummy, this is the room where they use the Scooper. I thought that would be obvious... Isn't that a fun name for something? The Scooper." She answered plainly. "It sounds like something you would use for ice cream, or custard, or sprinkles. It sounds like something you would want at your birthday party to ensure that you get a heaping portion of every. Good. Thing."

He'd gotten her talking, that was good. Whatever she was planning, it was being delayed. Any time he could manage was good time.

"I wonder, though, if you were a freshly opened pint of ice cream, how you would feel about something with that name. Thankfully, I don't think a freshly opened pint of ice cream feels anything at all." 

She seemed fixated on the subject of this scooper thing, which was good for now. However, the sound of voices came and she went quiet.

"Uh-oh. It sounds like someone else is in the building. Shh." She said in a hushed voice.

Logan could hear these faint voices just barely.

"Okay, bring her over. Forward. More. Mooooore, okay stop. Set her down. Watch the step."

"What happened to it this time? It just seems these things can't go a day without breaking down."

"Who knows. It's always the same, man. Some kinda hardware malfunction."

" Well like I have to be somewhere in 15 minutes, and this place gives me the creeps. Can we just get this over with?"

"It's all automated; we don't have to be here for it. Just get her on the rollers, and we can go."

"Don't call for them." Baby commanded. "It'll end badly for you if you do."

Logan remained quiet as he was commanded. He could see Ballora being rolled in and placed next to him.

He could hear the men leaving, his hope of escape now dissipating. There was a cold silence as he sat there in the dark. He couldn't see, but he knew she was here in the room, watching him.

"There is something very important that I've learned how to do over time, do you know what this is? How to pretend." Baby said suddenly. "Do you ever play make believe? Pretend to be one way, when you are really the other? It's very important. Ballora never learns, but I do. They think there is something wrong on the inside."

Logan thought back to his life as the Marionette. His dark existence. He was a different person back then, having tried to take over the Pizzeria when it had reopened. He often had trouble recalling how it had all went, how he'd become...Human.

"The only thing that matters is knowing. How. To. Pretend..." Baby's voice sounded serious.

"Baby, I know how you feel, at least...I think I do." Logan said. "I think we are, in a way, the same."

"Yes, this is why I kidnapped you." She said. "One of the reasons at least."

"I can help you, if you trust me-" Logan said, but was cut short and suddenly by a loud sound in the room.

He could see out of the eye-hole that Ballora was being jostled around and ripped open.

"Ballora just went through the Scooper." Baby said plainly. "And no, I will not trust you. At least not yet."

"I see-" He was cut off by another, much louder sound. It was almost like metal being tossed.

"No, it's too soon!" Baby shouted as the door to the room opened.

The animatronic Body he was in began to move, as if now taken over by something. In the doorway was the silhouette of another animatronic, one in the shape of a dragon.

"Silver!" Logan called out.

"Marionette!" The dragon replied excitedly and approached him. 

He began to forcibly open the chestplate of the animatronic body Logan was in, then the face.

"I'm getting you out of here bud!" Silver shouted.

The body moved, struggled to be more exact, and managed to pry Silver off. A loud screach from the Funtime Auditorium could be heard.

"Foxy, come to me!" Baby shouted.

The loud metal clang of Foxy running could be heard down the hall. Silver, in panic, ran to Logan and tore open the faceplate and pulled him out quickly. The legs suddenly clamped down on Logan's feet before he was completely out.

Silver, not realizing, pulled hard, causing them all to fall over.

"You're not taking him!" Baby's voice echoed.

At that moment, Foxy came in and tackled Silver, screeching in his face.

Silver screeched back, shoving Foxy across the room and onto the Scooper rollers. Silver turned to Logan and began to tear at the legs of his animatronic prison.

Baby screamed and kicked Silver backwards. He slid back a tad, just in front of the rollers. Baby strided towards him, Logan still inside, and lifted Silver up.

"You're not very good at pretend." She said as Foxy grabbed him from behind, pulling him onto the rollers. 

In the panic, Silver kicked Baby's legs hard enough to break them, setting Logan free.

Logan hopped out and stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do. Silver struggled and screeched until Baby punched his jaw, breaking it open. He looked over at Logan as Baby and Foxy hooked him into the Scooping machine.

"Run you fool!" He shouted.

"I'm sorry!" Logan shouted as he ran from the building.

He exited and could hear the faint shrieking as was lifted up in the elevator.

"I'm sorry Silver...I'll be back, I promise." He said quietly. 

The elevator opened, revealing a horrified Sherry, Emily and Alex.

Emily stepped forward. She had a scared expression on her face.

"Where's Silver?"