Chapter 6

The elevator door opened and the two of them stepped into the depths of the restaurant. 

"Hello and welcome to your second night at Circus Baby's." The voice said over the intercom.

Sherry looked up. "Is this a person or some sort of AI?"

"Just an AI." Logan answered.

"I am not the only voice you can listen to. Please type in a number selection for a new voice."

Logan looked at the little tablet. Sherry peered over his shoulder.

"There are no numbers, and it's super staticy." She said.

"I know." Logan replied as he typed on the keyboard.

"Thank you for selecting; Angsty Teen." The voice said.

Sherry giggled. "Is it always this glitchy?"

"You have no idea." Logan replied as he stepped forward.

"Alright, you know the drill, let's check and see if Ballora is in her spot." The voice said, sounding like some teen who was ticked at everyone in the world.

Sherry giggled more. "Sounds like you."

Logan had no response to that, other than his face turning red with embarrassment.

He pressed the light button and say that Ballora was not there, however her silhouette was visible.

"Looks like Ballora isn't there....Let's shock her, might be fun."

Logan waited for a few moments.

"What are you doing?" Sherry asked.

"Waiting." Logan said sounding a bit nervous.

Please please move to the stage. Logan thought.

He hit the light again. Ballora still wasn't on the stage.

Please Ballora, I don't want to shock you. He was almost calling out with his mind.

He hit the light again and Ballora was now on her stage, dancing away.

Logan sighed with relief.

"Now check Funtime Foxy, if you want...I don't really care."

Sherry giggled again. "It so sounds like you."

Again, Logan had no reply.

He hit the light for Foxy's stage, but he wasn't there.

"Very good, let's move on." The voice said, ignoring the fact that Foxy wasn't there.

"That's weird. " Logan said under his breath.

There was a sudden static noise and the AI voice reverted to its regular tone.

"Please go through the crawlspace."

"Ladies first." Logan said politely.

Sherry chuckled. "Stop being a little flirt." She said as she bopped his nose.

She then crawled through the crawlspace and Logan followed.

They stood inside the office that gave a view of Baby's stage, however darkened due to the lights not working in there.

"Let's check on Baby." The AI stated.

Logan hit the light button and there was a slight spark.

"Hmm, allow me to restart the power. Most functions will be unavailable while I do this. Please remain here."

The lights and various beeping sounds all ceased.

"Power to Main office has been lost." Another electronic voice said.

"Power to Ballora's Gallery has been lost."

"power to Funtime Auditorium has been lost."

"What does all that mean?" Sherry asked, a slight tremble in her voice.

She noticed that Logan was shaking slightly.

"Logan, you ok?" She asked.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." He looked away.

They stood there in silence for about a minute. The silence was soon interrupted by Baby's soft, almost unsettling voice behind them.

"They will come for you...There is a small hiding spot below the desk...if you wish to live, I suggest you go there now...You will be safe...But do not make eye contact..."

Logan and Sherry quickly climbed into the small hiding spot and closed the hatch.

Logan pulled out his flashlight and looked around. There were little openings in the hatch, letting you just barely see out of it.

All around came soft giggles and a metal sound against the hatch.

Logan was shaking quite a bit. Sherry grabbed his hand softly.

The hatch suddenly began to get pull open. They both reached for the handle and held it with all their might. Whoever, or whatever was pulling on the hatch was strong, because the two of them could barely hold it in place.

Finally, they stopped pulling on it and it went back into place.

"When the the AI comes back, he will tell you that he was unsuccessful...He will tell you to go through Ballora's gallery to restart all the systems, and go as fast as you can...if you do, you will die..."

"I was unsuccessful in restarting the systems, please go through Ballora's gallery to restart all the systems." The AI said. "be sure to go through as fast as possible."

Sherry and Logan both sat in silence. Though Logan was unsure of how friendly Baby truly was, he felt he should trust her. However, Sherry was thinking the exact opposite.

They weren't sure who to trust.