Chapter 7

Chelsea groaned as she woke up lying sideways across her bed wrinkling her nose in disgust at Morgan's foot in her face. Morgan was curled up in a ball snoring lightly as she slumbered.

Jasmine lay on the floor, probably kicked out of the bed by the bed hog, Morgan's spazzy feet. She lay sprawled out on her back with one arm over her head and the other across her stomach as she slept, drool dripping from the corner of her mouth.

Chelsea glanced down at her phone to see that it was only eight in the morning. The girls wouldn't be up for a while after last night's festivities. She sat up groaning as her head swam realizing she really had too much to drink last night.

It didn't help that Luke had added a mix of fairy dust to the atmosphere to boost their high. Magical drugs always had the worst comedowns. She felt like a freight train had run her over as she rolled out of bed, trying not to trip over Jasmine as she went. Chelsea accidentally stepped on Jaz's hair, freezing as her friend squirmed in her sleep.

Jasmine didn't awaken and Chelsea took this as her chance to make a quick escape. She stumbled out into the hallway towards the bathroom. A cold shower was just the remedy to sooth her pounding head.

Slowly, she made her way down the hallway as her whole body screamed in protest. Chelsea noticed the door of her brother's room was slightly ajar as she walked by. She paused, peeking inside to see what happened to her brother last night.

A small smile formed on Chelsea's lips as she found that her friend, Riley was still alive and sharing the bed with Kenny. They were adorable together. Riley lay sleeping in one of Kenny's t-shirts. While Kenny slept in a t-shirt and basketball shorts on top of the covers.

They lay on opposite sides of the bed, their hands reaching out towards each other as they slept, fingers slightly touching. Some of his textbooks lay sprawled out on the bed between them.

Of course, they would take to reading books. She knew Riley had a love for knowledge and probably spent most of the night questioning Kenny on the front of his "collegiate studies".

So much drama had happened at the party last night that Chelsea could barely recall half of it. She remembered that Luke had left with a bloody nose, thanks to Kenny. Kenny was supposed to complete his mission last night and use the party as a cover. She snickered knowing her brother would not be able to complete his mission.

With all the fairy dust flying in the air, even Kenny wasn't immune to its effects. The man's cold demeanor had disappeared last night from the high as he danced with Riley. Last night was the first time that Kenny had truly looked happy as his eyes never lost sight of Riley.

Chelsea could sense the sexual tension between the two since that first day they met Riley. Studying their auras, she knew they were meant to be together. You weren't able to see your own aura, so Kenny never knew how his silver aura collided with Riley's golden one in a swirl of powers when they were near, pulling each other together.

Not everyone had the ability to see other auras, either. Kyle had trained Chelsea in the art because she had been concerned about watching Luke's change after everything that happened to him that sixth grade year.

Kenny shifted in his sleep lifting his head sensing someone standing there. "Were you watching me sleep?" He groaned pulling Chelsea from her thoughts.

Chelsea had a mischievous grin on her face as her eyes drifted towards the opposite side of his bed. She snickered as she turned tail and sprinted down the hallway out of sight.

~~~~~

Kenny scratched his head still half asleep trying to decipher why Chelsea was being such a weirdo this morning. His hand fell, brushing a pair of dainty fingers. Absentmindedly, the small fingers intertwined with his own as they slept. He froze, eyes widening as he glanced down to see who's hand it belonged too.