Chapter 34

Morgan had agreed to meet Chelsea and Jasmine downtown to do some shopping after her friends got done with their after school activities that day. She was excited to meet up with her friends. Being stuck at home all day was rather boring since her parents took away all forms of entertainment. They even went as far as putting an anti apparition rune on her so she was stuck taking the bus or walking everywhere.

She had been in the wrong when she let her temper get the better of her even if that dog deserved it. Morgan could have sworn Derek had been expelled being the main one to take the fall from that little incident back in April. Now that Riley knew about her magic and the whole community was forced to recognize her as Merlin's legacy, Derek's sudden reappearance at school couldn't have been any more convenient.

Morgan paused outside a shop window, studying the charm bracelet displayed in the window. Her eye trailed across each charm, silently noting the animal.

Wren. Stag. Rabbit. Horse. Duck. Dolphin. Goat. Moth. Salmon. Dog. Butterfly.

Her eyes trailed back to the duck and dolphin charms on the bracelet. With the way the duck was positioned in flight, it looked like it was about to peck the dolphin's head. Her mind flashed back to yesterday's lunch incident, recalling how she had aimed her own wand at Derek's throat. Her temper really had gotten the better of her. She didn't even remember lashing out before Luke stepped in.

Thankfully he intervened. I really didn't want to kill him.

Morgan about jumped when a pair of hands squeezed her shoulders, pulling her from her thoughts. She whipped around to see that both Chelsea and Jasmine had arrived.

"What are your drooling over?" Jasmine grinned. Her eyes widened in surprise at the bracelet in the window. "Hmm, doesn't that goat remind you of a certain someone?"

Chelsea approached the window, studying the bracelet. "Are you saying my boyfriend looks like a goat?" she teased. Morgan let out a small smile as she nodded her head in agreement.

"Well, you do have a point. Come on, let's go over and check out the shoe store across the street!"

Morgan tugged her friends along, waiting for some cars to pass before they stepped foot in the crosswalk. "Did Riley not want to come?" Morgan questioned.

"I didn't get the chance to ask her," Chelsea admitted.

"Why not?" Morgan asked.

Chelsea's face flashed in anger as she grumbled some curse words under her breath. Jasmine snickered as she replied, "Chelsea fell asleep in tutoring. My phone call woke her up."

Morgan chuckled at her friend. Leave it to Chelsea to even sleep through her required tutoring lessons her father made her take to bring up her grades.

"It wasn't voluntary! That antisocial jerk wad decided to end our session early today!" Chelsea protested as her face grew red in her frustration.

"Plus, I'm sure Riley and Spell-master Cleveland are having a steamy make out session somewhere," Jasmine added.

"Naw, after Luke relayed what happened after the trial, I seriously doubt that," Morgan grinned.

"True," Chelsea smirked.

The bells of the store door chimed as the three friends entered. Morgan paused at a pair of cute boots, lifting one of the boots to examine them. "Have you guys figured out why Derek came back to school?"

She set the display boot down, drifting over to the next pair. Chelsea had found a cute pair of heels to try on while Jasmine was studying the different work boots. Both Chelsea and Jasmine shook their heads.