Chapter 44

"I'm ruined now!" Michael Noble shouted as he paced back and forth between the remaints of his Council and Spell-master Keaton who stood by his side stone face in silence. His gaze fell on his now ex-wife laying dead at his feet, a by product of his anger. She shouldn't have gotten in his way. He knew she was the one to send the warning to his stupid son about his plans. Her demise was her own fault. She knew full well the consequences of defying the Council and she still betrayed him anyway.

At least seventy percent of the Council was still loyal to him. He had hand selected them over the years, rigging elections just for that reason. Just fifteen minutes ago he had sent a formal request to the International Council stating the American Council will no longer support the Sorceress or their stupid laws. He smirked, knowing he had just started a war. All over the world his followers were coming out of the shadows staging attacks to spread the fear of his power. Before long, he would be in full control.

He laughed as his mind flashed back to his stupid Niece's sacrifice. Who knew she had that power, she had kept it hidden so well. Or more so, Voisin that sly double crosser had hidden all traces of the inclination of that power out of her records. There was no way she survived that blast, it was a shame such a powerful wizard was now dead.

Cosmology was a rare and powerful gift. Both Emrys and his niece possessed this ability. Riley was Emrys granddaughter and she has shown an interest in time travel. He also knew she was a descendent of his.

Michael Noble maniacly laughed as the realization hit him. The stupid girl wasn't that brilliant after all to hide the key to her love's life right under his nose. He placed his Grimoire down in front of everyone, removing the charm that had been placed on it for so long. His loyal followers gasped as the Blue bound Grimoire of the Noble family slowly reverted back to its original form, leaving a brilliant Red book before him.

"Kenny Cleveland can now die." He laughed as his wand pointed at the Grimoire.

"SCRIOSANN!" He shouted as the tip of his wand glowed with a brilliant red light, engulfing the whole book in flames as the destruction spell took hold.

He let out a low cackle, before it grew in volume as the Council shrunk back in fear at the crazed lunatic of a man before them as his bloodshot eyes studied each and every one of them.

~~~~~

Riley's group of friends had decided to regroup back at her house that night as they frantically worked to finalize the reanimation spell. They needed Annalise back ASAP if they were going to usurp Michael Noble and prevent a disastrous war as he took to attacking the International Council.

They had heard of the minions sent to fight. Her grandfather had been ambushed at the International Headquarters left gravely injured and clinging to life. Upon news of the attack, an official letter from the International Council had appeared in her hands.

She hesitantly ripped it open, gasping as she read the announcement. "Riley, are you ok?" Kenny questioned as he studied her in concern frowning when she broke out into sobs.

"May I?" He questioned eying the letter. She nodded, handing it to him, his face growing pale as he glanced up at the rest of her friends in the room.

"Spell-master, what does the letter say?" Kyle questioned feeling the tension radiating from the couple.

Councilman Emrys had taken drastic measures after his attack. Both he and Riley understood that her grandfather was probably not going to survive and he had to relinquish control of the Council before someone else decided after his death.

Kenny's voice shook as he locked eyes with everyone in the room with the announcement, "Riley has just been formally named as successor to the International Council."