Chapter 29

Michael Noble was sitting in his office reading over some very important Council documents when one of his Golems came running into the room, out of breath. Luke had toyed with their settings again, overloading the humanity in them once more. He would have to go and fix all of his wait staff once again to make them less annoying. Right now, she looked almost pathetic as she trembled, trying to catch her breath. Golems did not have any reason to breath. They were just animated mounds of earth that were enchanted to look like people.

Over the years, Michael had learned that it was safer to keep those in his inner circle small. After the death of his wife, he had replaced all of the servants with Golems to stop potential security leaks regarding his plans to outsiders. Leave it to his meddlesome son to catch on and discover how to tweak their settings. At least this one was only a scaredy cat and not something more dangerous like some of the ones Luke had tweaked in the past.

"What do you want?" Michael asked. His sky blue eyes practically pierced through the Golem as he glared at her.

"Sir, I'm sorry! Spell-master Keaton has stopped by for a visit," she explained.

Her voice still sounded unnatural as she spoke. Michael made a mental note that he needed to fine tune the vocal settings again so unwarranted visitors wouldn't suspect that he was using Golems. According to his files, he was only a practitioner of Illusions and Enchantments with a specialty in Mentalism. Necromancy wasn't anywhere on the list and he wanted to keep that skill hidden from the public eye. Necromancy was the least popular among the Wizards next to Demonology, even if it was an useful skill.

"We don't have an appointment. Send her away," Michael ordered.

"She says its urgent."

Michael let out an annoyed huff of breath as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration. He really wish Bethany would stop pestering him here. His wife was still out, but she could return home at any time. It really would make things awkward if Aaliyah walked in on them here.

"Tell her we are only supposed to meet at the beach house," he snapped.

"Its not that, she said its about your son and the Sorceress."

Michael Noble perked up at the sound of those two names, suddenly interested. He motioned for her to go get Spell-master Keaton and bring her into the room before him. The golem nodded as she rushed out before returning a few moments later with Spell-master Keaton on her heels. She guided the Spell-master into the room before shutting the door as she left to allow for privacy between the two.

"Spell-master," Michael stated as he studied her.

"Michael, I figured we would be on a first name basis by now," she replied with a smirk as she walked over taking a seat on his desk. Her cleavage threatened to spill from her top as she leant towards him, waiting for a response.

"What do you want, Bethany?" He questioned as he glared at her. Michael was familiar with her antics and wasn't going to fall for them so easily.

"Your son finally met his match in my class today."

"Oh, he did? Let me guess a certain golden hair girl is the culprit?" He questioned. She nodded her head in agreement.

"What did said girl do?"

"Just as planned, I had Luke duel her. I expected that he would easily take her down not wanting to miss out on a fight," she explained. He nodded his head, urging her to continue to speak.

"The stupid boy actually went easy on her. He even gave her the chance to fight back instead of blindly dodging hexes. It seems someone taught her a few hexes before class."