Chapter 25

Riley dreaded returning to school the following day. She was almost late that morning as she went flying into the school parking lot on two wheels. She grabbed her apple, taking a bite of it as she went running towards the front entrance of the school to find her classes before she was late.

"Riles, what's up?" Luke asked appearing out of thin air. Riley jumped in fright at his sudden appearance coughing as she choked on her apple.

"Luke!" She groaned as she struggled to catch her breath. Her eyes watered with tears as she gulped down her bottled water to clear up her coughs.

"Don't just do that to me! I almost choked to death!"

He smirked as he watched his friend. She began to walk away, muttering curse words under her breath.

"Riles!"

"What?" She snapped as she whirled around to shoot him an annoyed glare, "I'm going to be late for class!"

"Yes, in that direction you are. Come on, follow me."

Riley blushed, embarrassed of her faux pau as she followed Luke down the hallway. She noticed students pointing and whispering as she passed, most likely gossiping about the trial. Luke was enjoying their little walk, nodding towards the gossipers as they passed. He lead them straight towards the end of the hallway not slowing down in his steps.

"Luke, there's a wall there," Riley muttered as she faltered.

"Illusion, keep moving."

Luke paused, half of his body in the bricks as he turned to glance back at Riley. Riley sighed, understanding how the other student's weren't aware of magic. She stepped through the bricks, seeing that even more classrooms were revealed in the school. Keeping everyone separated by a wall was rather genius in Riley's opinion.

"So, are you in my new first period too?" Riley questioned, "or are you just copying my schedule again?"

"I'm actually in this class along with Chelsea and Kyle."

"Nathan must be relieved you don't share math with him anymore," she replied.

"Yes, he is. I'm going to miss all the normal courses. They were a breeze," Luke said. He plucked Riley's half eaten apple out of her hand and began eating it.

"Hey!" Riley cried.

"What, I was hungry." He shrugged his shoulders as his sky blue eyes sparkled mischievously.

"That was my breakfast!" Luke chuckled as he waved his hand making another apple appear in his hand.

"Here, now take a bite and quit nagging." Luke tossed Riley the new apple. Riley rolled her eyes in frustration as she glared at Luke. He really needed to learn his boundaries. This was uncalled for.

"Couldn't you have just conjured your own apple then?" She asked.

"Mmm, yeah I guess. But, it was more entertaining to steal yours," Luke replied as he led Riley into the mostly full classroom just as the bell was ringing.

"Its nice of you to join us, Mr. Noble and Miss Towers. Don't make a habit of being late."

Riley followed the sound of the gruff voice, faltering in shock as she studied her new spell-master standing there with crossed arms. Dark brown eyes narrowed in, the whites of his eyes almost blinding against his ebony skin. He leant against his desk, a giant cauldron behind him as he eyed the tardy students.

"I apologize, Spell-master Domingo, I was heading to class and she was wandering in the wrong direction. Figured I'd show her how to get to this part of the school, seeing as she spent the first week in the other half."