Chapter 23

Sunlight poured in across Riley's face as she struggled to keep her eyes closed. She sighed as she burrowed closer into the warmth of her new pillow. Arms wrapped around her, possessively pulling her closer. Slowly opening her eyes, she winced from the morning sunlight pouring in through the window illuminating the beautiful face that was still asleep beside her.

I really must have drank too much at the party, she gasped as she studied the man with the black eye and scraggly blonde hair almost angelic as he slept. She could have sworn it was Luke who ended up with a black eye and not Kenny.

Memories from the weekend flashed through her mind from her traveling through time to the trial she had faced only yesterday. She couldn't deny the existence of magic any longer. All along, magic had been around and she of all people had been named Merlin's Legacy. Riley still struggled to wrap her mind around the fact that she had been blessed, more like cursed, with great magical abilities.

"Riley?" Kenny mumbled pulling Riley from her thoughts.

Her cheeks reddened realizing that she was laying half naked in the same bed as Kenny. She didn't even remembering falling asleep last night. Everything after the trial had been so chaotic. So many people had swarmed her with questions before Kenny had grown annoyed and apparated the two of them back to his room. She remembered practically throwing herself at him. Things got pretty heated until Kenny had to ruin the mood. In the end, a lot of clothes were thrown, mainly from Kenny, as he tried to stop Riley's advances. She really hoped the whole house hand't heard their screaming match.

"Hmm?" Riley replied. She kept her back turned praying that the redness in her cheeks would disappear.

"Can you stop tossing and turning? I'm trying to sleep," he groaned.

"You are holding me pretty tightly," Riley sighed, "I need to get ready for school."

"It was canceled, remember?"

Riley couldn't believe she had forgotten that the Headmaster had canceled school. She chuckled at his lame emailed excuse that half the student body had come down with a bad batch of food poisoning thanks to Friday's lunch. The mortal population of the school probably were scratching their heads and fretting they might get food poisoning too.

That wasn't the only problem. Her own family were probably wondering why their daughter hadn't returned home to their house two nights in a row. The last time she had made it back home was Saturday morning and that was only for an hour or two before she went back out. She had told them she was meeting a friend and would be back for dinner.

Riley jumped up to a sitting position as she glanced down at Kenny in worry. "My parents have to be freaking out! I told them I would be home for dinner two nights ago!"

Kenny opened his eyes, letting out a yawn as he reached up grabbing her wrist stopping her from leaving. "Nope, we already took care of that. Chelsea called in impersonating you. You had a big group project to complete with Chels."

"You sure have a lot of excuses this morning."

"Whatever to keep you here longer," Kenny mumbled.

"Did you change your mind, then?" Riley teased.

"There are other ways to show affection."

Kenny reached up, cupping Riley's chin, leaning in for a quick kiss. She could hear the bedroom door creeping open cutting off her kiss. Riley whirled around glaring at their intruders. Leave it to Luke not to understand the concept of privacy. He even got Chelsea to follow him along. If he had hoped to see her naked, tough luck. Kenny hadn't allowed her to get that far last night.