Dream, Waiting and Farewells

Iris's POV

I opened my eyes and rubbed them lightly. It was such a nice dream. Zayn and I ate pancakes, then we swam and it was so much fun. One of the best dreams I've ever had.

I stood up from the couch. Wait, why are my hair wet?

Did- WAIT, it wasn't a dream, was it?

No. We actually had that much fun! But where's he now?

"Zayn?" I called out, receiving no reply

"ZAYN!?" I shouted.

I searched for my phone in a hurry.

No text notifications.

There must've been an emergency. He wouldn't have left if there wasn't one.

*

Me : Zayn, why did you leave?

*

I waited and waited. There wasn't any reply. Did I do something wrong?

I don't think I did anything wrong. Then why isn't he replying?

He must be busy. After all, he's a world famous celebrity.

I barely imagined him to reply back and he came to meet me! ME! Any girl would die to be in my place.

I sat on the couch, waiting for a reply but receiving none.

After a couple of minutes of browsing through Twitter and posting a couple of tweets for my 2 followers, I stood up from the couch.

It was almost evening so I switched on the television. Cannot miss the favourite shows, can we?

After an hour of television with some chips, I decided to make the dinner.

You better do that or your mother will eat You alive! She can live without air but hunger is something that makes her wild.
I warned my inner lazy and procrastinating self.

After a few minutes of cooking and well, getting sweaty, the dinner was finally made.

*Tring Tring*

I rushed to open the door and greet my parents.

I decided to put up my biggest grin.

I opened the door as slowly as possible to irritate mum. She hates when I do that.

But what I saw there was not what I expected to see. There was someone whom I had never expected to see at my doorstep. Neither expected nor hoped to.

I really wished for it to be a dream. Or say, nightmare.

There stood two policemen and my dad...his eyes swollen from crying.

"Iris" he uttered, barely audible and then shook his head. Tears streamed down his face and he looked so vulnerable and broke, I couldn't decide how to react.

-------

Any Thoughts and Predictions?

Vote, Comment and Share! :) Xx