Poking Ear, Mum's Anger and Dinner

Iris's POV

He should've apologised at least.

That was way to rude for a guy like him. He should've at least said a single sorry. Or least just acted that he was sorry.

But no, seems like his ego inflated like a big birthday balloon.

"IRIS!"

"Yes mother?"

"Get ready within 10 minutes girl! We are going out for dinner!" Mum shouted.

"Oh God, who are you and what did you do to my mom?"

I heard a snort.

"I'm serious! My mum would never take me out to eat until either it was my birthday or my last wish before death!"

"Yeah yeah, we are not exactly going to a restaurant. We're just going to a house almost 2 blocks down the road. I just made a new friend! Her name's Tri, well, nickname. And we're going to her place for dinner tonight! I asked Eric to tell you to get ready like an hour ago but I think he-"

"He thought it would be funny to not tell me." I finished the sentence for mum.

Mum nodded.

"Well, I bet you three can survive without me there."

"No young lady. Be ready or you'll be grounded for half a year, straight."

"But that's not fair!" I whined.

"Everything thing is fair in love and war. And this-", she beckoned towards herself and I, speaking very slowly"-is a strong bond of love. So,-" she said with what looked like great concentration, "-BE READY IN FIVE MINUTES OR YOU'RE GROUNDED!"

And then, she ran away to set her hair for the 1349th time.

I quickly got an outfit out of like the 4 or 5 that I own, cause I'm too lazy to go shopping, and started to change into it.

Afterwards, I brushed my hair and tied them in a ponytail. I quickly slipped on some converse and a sweatshirt and jogged downstairs.

"That's like my girl, all ready and set." Mum patted me.

"Yeah yeah, I would prefer a bar of chocolate instead of the dialogues." I muttered.

I saw dad grinning widely at this. I grinned back. Well, let's say, I'm daddy's girl.

We've got this daughter-dad code sought of thing, just like the bro code. Just that, the rules are strict.

I felt Eric standing behind me.

"I'll buy you a bar," He whispered into my ear, "Just be careful to check whether it is of chocolate or..."

He left the sentence for me to 'fill in'. Such a help you were big brother.

I slightly shoved him which had not even a slight impact on him. Me? Well, I just bounced back and hit the ground, face first.

Did I ever mention that I am extremely clumsy? Even though I've never broken a dish in my life, I always fall. Ground and I are like the closest friends.

"C'mon guys, stop!"

Mum tried to shut us. She was probably trying to tell something. Well, trying.

"Guys please!" Mum whined

"Stop poking my ear Eric!"

"But it looks so circle and pink. Plus, it has so much skin!" He pointed out, still poking my ear.

"Ugh, Eric. You're so-"

"SHUT UP GUYS! SHUT UP!" Mum shouted at the top of her lungs. Her face was bright pink, from anger obviously, and she looked beyond pissed.

Uhm, Oops?

There was pin drop silence. But well, Eric didn't seem to be fazed by mum's behaviour. He kept on poking my ear, continuously.

"Eric, stop poking her ear and you guys-", she pointed at me and dad, "-stop doing anything!, Stop!"

"Uhm, mum, can't breathe." I said, probably looking like a retarded seal.

"UGH! IRIS! BREATHE FOR GOD'S SAKE BUT JUST STOP SPEAKING!" Mum shouted.

Gosh, she's actually really angry.

"Get out of this house! Get in the car and do not utter a single word!" She said.

"Well mum, calm down, maybe? Take it easy. Deep breathing. In. Out. In. Out." Eric instructed.

"Ugh, Okay!" Mum took a deep breathe in and then out repeating the process a couple of times before her face turned to its normal colour.

"So, let's go?" I said.

Dad nodded.

"I call dibs on the front seat!" Eric shouted.

"Nah bro, that's my seat."

"Wittle Sweetie pie, little children cannot sit on the front seat." He said, poking my ear once again.

"Ugh, shut up and get in the car before mum murders you."

We all got into the car and dad started to drive, mum instructing him.

This path looks familiar. Where did I see this? C'mon Iris, think.

Wait, is that..

"Mum, is your friend's name Trisha Malik?" I asked.

"Yeah, but who told you honey?"

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Ugh, this is starting to irritate me. The last thing I want to do now is face Zayn.

"Nobody" I muttered.

I need to find a way out of this. As soon as possible.

---------

1.01k votes? 5.38k reads? #206 in fanfiction?

GUYS? THIS IS INSANE! IN THOUSANDS! WOW, JUST...

For this milestone, I promise you an unprecedented chapter!

Vote, Comment and Share! :)X