Phonecall

Zayn's POV

The last 2 days had been so hectic, I didn't even get to talk to mum, dad or even Safaa. Writing the next album, the concert plans, world tour plans and everything just took over my brain but never occupying the space that Iris took.

I even had a dream yesterday after I decided to never talk to her again. The dream was about, do not laugh, the end of the world.

The whole world submerged into water and Iris and I were flying, God knows how and why.

It was such a weird dream, I bet that even my conscience face palmed. Even though it doesn't have a face.

I heard a knock on the door of the hotel room I was staying at.

"Yes?"

"Mr. Malik, your phone is here"

I open the door.

"Ah, here it is. Thanks a lot"

The person gave me a small nod.

I, well, dropped my phone in the toilet. By mistake!
And it was the one in which I had Iris's number. So I was unable to see if she had sent me any text or myself, send a text to her, apologizing for leaving without a word.

And then, afterwards, I would just reply rarely. Like once a week or so. Then she'll stop texting. And then, she'll be safe. Better than ever.

I switched the phone on and typed in the password.

*32 unread notifications*

See? I'm so loved!

My conscience shook it's imaginary head, smiling its hypothetical smile at my childish and dumb attitude.

I open the messaging app to view 20 messages from mum. Typical.
7 from Safaa, 2 from Waliyha, 1 from Doniya, 1 from Liam and 1 from Iris.

Let's just say, Iris disappointed me. I hope she isn't angry though. She has a right to be angry as I left without telling her.

I smile stupidly and open Iris's message first

*

Iris : Zayn, why did you leave?

*

I think for a suitable and realistic reason.

I type in the reply, staring at the screen of the phone and expecting her to reply instantly

*

Me : I received a call from someone and left in a hurry. I didn't want to disturb you as you were sleeping ever so adorably :)

*

I hit the send button, my smile never fading.
Her happy and carefree nature makes me feel so young and happy and so free.

I reply to Liam then followed by Safaa, mum, Waliyha and Doniya.

It's not long when I hear my phone ringing. The name flashes - "Iris"

Why would she Call Me?

Within a nanosecond, I tap the green button.

"Hey Princess!" I smile, cheerfully.

I expect a cheesy or annoyed reply like 'Don't call me princess' or 'Hello Mister Monkey' but all I hear is silence. And then the call ends.

As much as I wanted to call back and ask her what happened, I didn't. Somehow, I knew she wouldn't pick up the phone. And I knew something's up with her.

--------------

OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

This book is ranked in fanfiction as #549!
For the first time in forever, any of my books have ever got a rank in 500's!
It's a big thing for me!

Plus 1k reads and so many votes, I'm so damn happy!

Sorry for the long A/N. Whosoever read this, comment below so I can send you free cookies.

You guys are the best readers ever!
Oh and, the next chapter is gonna be epic. Let's say, be ready with a pillow to hide your face when you cry.

Vote, Comment and Share! :) X