Kiss, Apology and The End

Zayn's POV

I heard the sound of crackers, indicating it was midnight, or say, new year.

But that wasn't what had my attention. It was something else, somebody.

I felt Iris tense as I wrapped my arm around her waist. Her lips were still in contact with mine and what's the best part? She didn't even try to pull away, not even once. She could've left but she didn't.

I smiled, realising the fact that I was actually doing what I wanted to do for so long.

After a couple of minutes of crackers, both in the sky and stomach, we broke away from the kiss breathlessly.

The kiss, I didn't mean to kiss her. I just couldn't resist the urge. She looked so beautiful and her lips, they didn't do any less to attract me.

I smiled as the kiss ended. It wasn't a regular kiss. There was this shiver running down my spine, it was snowing but my whole body was warm and I felt happy, content, cheerful, from inside.

But what if she leaves after this kiss?

No she won't! She kissed back. She can not leave.

But what if she couldn't pull away? What if she's mad at you? And now, leaves.

Shut up! Don't be such a pessimist. She won't leave.

But I got a point, didn't I?

Okay,. I'll give you that one.

YES!

Stop shouting like a madman in my head. I need to concentrate here!

Yeah, go concentrate.

Yeah yeah, going!

Iris stared into my eyes, her eyes flickering to my lips after some time and returning to my eyes.

I smiled but she didn't return the smile.

Oh God, please don't tell me that she hates me for kissing her now!

Damn damn! I should apologise. She got a right to be mad now. I just kissed her without her permission! What if she never wants to meet me now?

Dumbass, apologise!!

Yeah

No wait! Wish her new year first.

No, I should apologise

New year!

Apology

New year!

Apology

New Year!

Shut up!

"H-happy new year Iris. I-I'm s-sorry, I just, you know, uh, I-I don't know." I stuttered. Gosh Zayn, man up. Stop stuttering.

"Happy New Year to you too Zayn." She said, with no emotion. She wasn't smiling but there was a fire in her eyes.

Her emotions confuse me.

With no other word, she turned on her heel and started to walk away.

"Iris!" I called out. She didn't stop.

I ran over to her but she wouldn't stop walking.

"Iris, I'm really sorry! I know it was my fault. I shouldn't have done that without your permission and all. I'm just really sorry. Please don't be mad and don't leave, please." I begged.

But she ignored me like dirt and kept on walking. Soon, she sat into her car. I tried to stop her, apologise, but she wasn't ready to utter a single word.

She sat into the car and switched it on. I heard the engine roar to life as I watched her drive away. I shouted but she didn't stop.

You should visit her tomorrow at her home.

Yeah

I planned to visit her the next day but guess what happened? Well, she wasn't there. Her mom, dad, Eric and she, herself were no where to be found.

I asked the neighbours, they said that the family shifted.

I tried to find her, as much as I could.

Days, months and years, I found her no where in the entire world.

But after all it's about the story and not the happy ending.

------

THE END

Mwahahahaha Cliffhanger.

OK, actually, that's not really the end.

Epilogue is yet to be written.

Yes, that will actually end this book officially. So this is basically, the second last chapter of the book.

Yeah, sad. I know.

Anyways, I'll update the epilogue on 12th Jan 2017. It feels so good to write 2017.
2017. 2017. 2017. 2017. 2017.
Ok, I'll stop.

So, bye till then!

Vote, Comment and Share! :) X