Future, Awkward Conversation and Drifting to Dreamland

Zayn's POV

"Damn." I muttered to myself as I saw Iris kicking the ball towards the goal. She alone competed with the two and I was left standing as the goalkeeper. But the reality was that she didn't need a goalkeeper. She always, always had the ball.

Even Eric and Violet together couldn't take it from her. And in the end, the score was something like 7-0.

Yep, and what's the worst part? Not even a single goal by me.

She should try in FIFA.

Yeah. She's cool at football.

And everything else.

Yeah. Almost everything.

She's also got the brains.

Yeah, she appears quite intelligent.

And that's why you like her.

Yeah, because she's perfec - wait, what? No! Obviously not. I don't like her. I should not.

I mean, if I start to like her then there can be three possible things future holds :

1. She likes me back, we get into a relationship and continue the relationship. This can also have 2 further parts - one in which, the fans and media support us and the second in which they don't.

2. She pretends to like me back and I believe it, we get in a relationship and after sometime, she leaves and I am left heartbroken.

3. She hates me for liking her. She tells me to leave her alone and never wants to talk to me ever again.

And there can be another way, I don't tell her that I like her (which I don't, by the way) and we remain friends just the way we are. We text on daily basis and remain just happy, even if it's this way.

Yep, I would choose that one.

But you cannot predict the future Zayn.

It's actually very easy to predict future. There are just some possibilities. Everything can be predicted. Future is easy to see.

But Zayn, do you really think that?

I do, I mean, why not?

Zayn, you can imagine the future, not predict it.

Yeah. But that's almost the same. I think.

It's not the same Zayn. Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining the future keeps you going, but you never do it.

You just use the future to escape the present.

That's not what I do. I live in present. If I would've lived in the future, I wouldn't have been what I am today. But I am who I am, successful. And I will just become more and more successful. I will work hard, I'll fulfill my dreams. Oh and stop quoting Lookinhg For Alaska by John Green.

Zayn, do you realise what you're doing right now? You're living in the future. You're thinking about what you 'will' be. Isn't that exactly what you were denying not even a minute ago?

But that's not what I meant.

You cannot argue with your conscience Zayn. You cannot. Not at all. You will not win the argument. Never.

Yeah.

I saw my house coming into view. I parked the car inside the driveway and got off the car.

"Ma, I'm home."

"Yes honey, you had the lunch?"

"Yeah mom, I'm gonna sleep for a bit."

"Okay honey, but be sure to be up by 7. Today, I made a friend! And guess what? She's coming over for dinner!" Mum squealed.

I shook my head. Mum can be so childish sometimes.

"Yeah mom, I'll be up by 6."

"Sweet dreams."

"Yeah, happy cooking to you too."

I went upstairs into my room and collapsed on the bed.

*Poing*

"What a perfect timing Iris." I muttered.

*

Iris : Thanks for coming. Violet was very happy.

Me : You're welcome.

Iris : Yeah, so, bye.

Me : Bye.

Iris : Yeah, it was nice meeting you once again.

Me : Yeah, you too.

Iris : Okay.

Me : Yeah.

Iris : So, bye.

Me : Yeah, bye.

Iris : Bye.

*

I switched off the phone and kept it on the side table after deciding to sleep.

The small conversation Iris and I just had over text was really awkward. Like really very very awkward.

"Yet, not so awkward." A voice whispered.

Before I could realize that I said those words myself, I was off to the dreamland.

------------------

I really shouldn't write chapters when I'm serious.
It gets boring, doesn't it?

Anyways, hope you enjoyed. Maybe something big is coming, you know like, something very big. So, be ready!

Vote, Comment and Share! :D X