Ch. 1

*8 years Later*

"Keyah, wake up! Your phone ringing."

I heard Nova yelling...now what I really wanted to do was roll over and cuss his ass out for yelling and waking me up cause I just went back to sleep but I decided against that and rolled over with my eyes still closed filling around on my night stand for my phone.

"It ain't that one ringing..here"

He said dropping my other phone on the bed beside me..

I sat up in the bed pushing my hair out my face, picked up the phone and answered it.

Me: "Hello?"

Chris: "Get the sleep buggers out your eyes and go wash your face I'm bout to pull up."

Me: "Yeah yeah..I'll be down in a minute."

I threw my phone to the side then pulled myself up out the bed going into our bathroom, I washed my face and brushed my teeth, pulled my hair up in a messy ponytail then went back out into the room going inside my closet.

I grabbed a tank top and a pair of leggings. I put that on and slid my feet into my Chanel slides grabbed both my phones then went downstairs..

On my way down the steps I could hear Nova and Chris talking.. Wasn't really saying much but I could hear them.

I got downstairs and Chris's face lit up and he smiled that million dollar smile. I smiled back, happy to see him..then he stood up and met me half way hugging me once he got to me.. In the process I could hear Nova suck his teeth.

"So what's up..why didn't you tell me you were coming to town."

"I got off the Jet and came straight here, we got business."

"Well let's go sit on the back patio and smoke so you can tell me what's up."

Again Nova sucked his teeth..

"Uhh go ahead, I'll be out there in a second."

I told him.. Once he was out the sliding door I walked further into the kitchen where Nova was.

"What's with all the teeth sucking or whatever?"

"Shit..I'm good."

"Come Nova, I know you, what's up?"

"Its just funny to me that you can get all hype when that nigga come through but you be gone for months at a time then come dragging yourself in here and I barley get a hello.. I'm saying you ain't gotta make shit so obvious my nigga."

"Make what obvious Nova?"

"Bruh I know y'all fucking that ain't no secret.... shid everybody know that."

"Here we go...Nova just because you feeling guilty about all the bitches you fucked over me with don't try to make me be the bad person.. This is business unlike what you do, I don't fuck my my co-workers."

"Whatever man..it ain't even about me..go on and talk to your "coworker" I'm bout to go drop Sophie off at school."

"Whatever Nova."

I turned about to walk off when he spoke again.

"You so caught up with this fame shit that yo ass can't even tell your child to have a good day at school...sick man"

He said bumping pass me going back upstairs.

Well as y'all can hear, things are not so great with me and my husband and we're both at fault for that..I keep thinking things would change but honestly neither of us are doing anything to change our situation.