Chapter 9

Nova,

"Can you give us a minute to discuss things please?" I asked the realtor. Me Keyah, my mama and the kids have spent the last three days running all over Miami looking at homes, and a nigga over this shit. Its the middle of July, and its hot as shit outchea.

My mind wasn't all the way focused either, we still haven't told Justin about his mama yet, but honestly its like he senses something wrong already.

"Alright y'all how do we feel about this one?" I asked after the agent excused himself.

Justin: I like it daddy, its got a batting cage, I'll be out there all day long practicing.

(Justin 6 yo)

Sophia: I love it too mama and daddy, can we live in this one?

(Sophia 7 1/2)

Keyah: It was my first choice, So you know I'm wit it.

Mama Shelia: I think its perfect for y'all, just make sure my room fixed up for when I visit.

They all answered. I stood here rubbing my fingers through my chin hairs thinking long and hard.

This place was small compared to the home we have now. Its only five bedrooms and three bathrooms. It didn't have a basement, but the backyard is pretty dam dope. The layout was spacious enough, honestly it would perfect for for us.

We got the house that she lived in when I first come out here with her sold.

That's gone, and all the cars I wanted to sale is gone. We got a buyer for the house that we living in now, so the only thing left to do is make a decision and get us in a new house asap, and I guess this is it.

"Aight so this is our new home then, let's go find the agent so we can get up out of here. I got somewhere else to be." I said bending down picking Sophia up and putting her little bitty self on my back.

We sent mama on back to the house with the kids, while me and Keyah finished up what we had to do to make the purchase .

----

Keyah,

"Sophia get your brother and come inside to the family room, your daddy wants to talk to everybody." I said sticking my head out of the backdoor where they were..She was sitting on one of the patio chairs drawing, while Justin batted softballs into his practice net.

I closed the door and went back inside where mama and Nova were sitting, taking a seat beside him.

"You sure you want us here while you talk to him?" I questioned Nova, really dreading us having to do this.

"Yeah, we're all the family he got right now, he needs support and so do I ." Nova replied just as the kids were making their way into the family room where we were waiting for them.

Sophia climbed up in my lap while Justin worked his way in to the space between me and his daddy.. I giggled at his silly antics cause he's always doing something extra.

"So look." Nova started, catching everyone's attention.

"Justin son, I wanted to talk to you about your mama." He said unsure of how to get this going.

"Mama Keyah or my mama? " Justin questioned.

"Your mama Monique." Nova answered.

"Did she call you back?" Justin asked.