Ch. 4

*2 weeks later*

Nova...

"So what you think about it, baybeh?"

"I'm interested to know what you think as well..Keyah you and Nova both agree that things started going downhill between you guys when y'all moved into the newer bigger house.

Now I'm not saying that moving back into the place you guys fell in love the second time is gonna fix everything at once.

But in my experience revisiting past things and places that once made you happy helps most of my couples rediscover that lost love."

"No Doctor Santana I'm agreeing with this exercise I'm just really reminiscing in my head about all of the fun times we had in that house..but at the same time we have some bad memories there too."

"You mind telling me about those bad memories?"

"The first incident was work related on my part.. He had been back in my life for a few months and umm..Chris hooked me up with this new artist.

Nova told me from jump that he didn't have a good feeling about her because he knew her from before he met me. Well I ignored his feelings and it ended up being a situation where she was unstable and went crazy on us.

Well after getting a little more information about her past, I developed a soft spot for her and tried to be there for her..she ended up being hospitalized and we went to visit her one day, got there and found out that she had checked herself out..

Then we got home she was there, she had broke in..to sum it up she shot me..

... I guess I feel like I ignored his feelings completely and I ended up putting me him and our daughter in danger."

"You have a caring nature and I can understand developing a soft spot for a person in need.. Nova do you mind telling us how that situation made you feel?"

"Umm at the time I felt like she had the mindset that I had just came back into her life, she was working making her own money.. it was her house ... Ion know man.. Do we really gotta rehash that situation ?"

"In order to get to a better place we gotta go through all the bad. I told you guys that we were gonna have to revisit some ugly places in these sessions.. Tell me what it is that you fear visiting this particular incident?"

"Its not so much a fear.. I just don't wanna go home after this and we be further apart than we are now..I don't want her to feel like I blame her for nothing by telling her how I really felt in these situations cause nothing is her fault nothing she did led me to cheat."

"This process is gonna get uncomfortable at times, I'll admit but I can make you this promise.

In these uncomfortable session I'll give you guys cool down exercises to do with each other so that you don't take anything from our sessions home with you.. Is that a deal ?"

"Yeah I guess I can do that.. I just felt at that time that she was still moving like I wasn't in the picture... I'm not saying it like she was overlooking me but a lot of decisions was made off her, only..

I just think about that day she got shot.. We kinda argued about it a little because I felt like she was too invested in that girl, that the care and concern she was showing her was gone come back and bite her.. I didn't know it was gone be her getting shot but I felt it was gone be something..

Then I think about..what if she woulda had our daughter inside with her at the time.. I thank God that she wasn't hurt too bad but..."

"Go ahead and finish it Nova.. It has to be said out loud."