Chapter 12

** Four Months Later **

Nova,

"I like this pair too daddy, I can't pick."

"You aint got to pick, just get all four of them and come on." I said craking a smirk and walking off."

I was out with my son doing a lil bonding time shopping and shit.

They were with my mama all summer, with the new baybeh coming and us getting moved in the new house, fixing it up and shit I really ain't had no one on one time with him.

So I brought him out just to see where his head at and all.

Like I said tho we in this shoe store or whatever, he been cracking jokes on me all day so I decided to play with him a little.

He had picked out four pairs of shoes and I walked off leaving him to carry all four boxes to the register on his own.

I made it a good ways from him then I heard all the boxes and him go tumbling down.

"Awe mann." He groaned

I turned around and cracked up laughing at the goofy look on his face and all the shoe boxes and shoes scattered all over the place.

"I bet you'll think real hard the next time you wanna rib on ya pops all day, get up lil dude." I laughed helping him up and picking the boxes and shoes up.

We finished up in that store then headed to the food court.

"We shoulda took all this shit to the car first." I said examining all the bags we had between us.

I mean we tore the mall down today. One thing this boy love and know to well is his labels, boy stayed in designer. Guess he got his pops swag.

"You want to?"

"Nah we here nah, a nigga hungry. Where you trying to eat from?"

"Can we get American Deli?" He asked.

"Myyyy nigga. You know what the fuck goin on, lets get it!" I exclaimed.

We made our way over to the place I call fried heaven and placed our order.

I got my usual which was, 12 mild wings with lemon pepper seasoning, a chicken philly cheese sandwich and fries. Justin got the same wings as me a half turkey club sub with some cheese fries.

We got our food then found us a table, sat down and smashed. We ate in silence for a while then I struck up a conversation.

"So lil man, hows everything going? You liking school so far?"

"Yeah, I like it. I like my teacher this time."

"That's cool, I actually like Mr. Drummins too. What about the new baybeh? You never really said what you thought about it. Mommie will be 5 months in two days, it'll be here before you know it."

"I'm excited for a new baybeh, I always wanted to be a big brother."

"That'll be dope seeing you be a actual big brother. You kinda the big brother now tho, Sophie so little and you look out for her like a big brother."

"I know, but she always say " I'm the oldest so you gotta listen to me and do what I say." He recited in a girl voice doing air quotes.

"She is bossy huh?"

"Defiantly bossy."

"Yeah, but aye your birthday coming up, what you wanna do?" I asked remembering his birthday is in two weeks.