Chapter 13

Two Years Later

Keyah,

"Nova, I'm officially over all this dam moving. This is it, I swear to Jesus if the word move, new house or anything of that nature cross your lips ever again after today, I'm leaving you and these kids. Imma check into a mental institution."

"Why you gotta be so extra Key? You said you was tired of running from hurricanes, so ya man did what was best to keep that from happening again. Besides we back where it all started, where we fell in love at. We back to our roots."

"Yeah yeah yeah .. I ain't saying I ain't happy that we are back in the A bruh."

"Imma lock you, Justin, Sophie and Bella in the closet if either one of y'all call me bruh one moe time."

"Bruh." I said then took out running out the room with him running behind me.

It's been a crazy two years for us, as far as our marriage goes, we're great. Life in Miami ran its course .. after making it through two back to back hurricanes, having a baby in the middle of one of those hurricanes, fighting Justin's family in court for custody .. I was ready for something else.

Nova found an excellent guy to run his clubs for him in Florida, I left Cameron in charge of day to day operations with my shoetique ...

We decided to move back to Atlanta and see if we can get back to a more simple us. We've been here for 3 days and today we've finally got everything moved in and in its place.

Me and him were laying on the floor resting with me talking shit to him.

"What I'm trying to figure out is .. who the hell yo daughter thank you is?"

"Hell which one?"

"Sophie man .. that dam bedroom of hers, how she just designed a whole big girl room like that?"

"She get it from her mama .. she lit."

"Man .. if I was a stranger I would swear that was a teenage girls room ...

"You think it's too grown?"

"Not that .. like she always have been a little bit ahead of her time .. I guess I just expected her to pick some childish shit for her room."

"Nah .. like you said, she ahead of her time .. I like it."

"I just don't want shawty growing up too fast."

"And she won't .. I think she just see everything from an artist point of view."

"You think that's gone be her career path?"

"Who knows, it's either that or saving the dam turtles.."

"A marine biologist.. yeah I think I'd rather her be a "starving" artist man."

I was about to speak when I heard Bella crying on the monitor.

"Told you she love fuckin up my special moments man."

"You gone get off my daughter. Imma go get her up .. you wanna fix dinner or you want me to?" I asked getting up off the floor.

"I got it, tacos?"

"That's fine by me ask your kids."
___________________

6:30 p.m.

Nova,

"You knew you wanted to cook when you ask me if I wanted to."

"It takes you entirely too long, and you make the biggest messes when you cook. Sometimes I think you do it on purpose just so I'll kick you out my kitchen."

"Mayyyybe."

"Umhum, tell them to wash up for dinner, you think you can handle that and setting the dinner table, sir?"

"You pushing your luck miss lady."

"Umhum."

I threw a dish rag at Keyah then took out running to the steps. I love aggravating her ass man ..

What can I say, these last two years have been crazy .. mostly a good crazy tho, I'll say the most trouble we had was them dam hurricanes and that court shit that wasted our time.

Shit turned out great for us in the end, my wife gave birth to our beautiful lil girl Bella, she's two now and bad as ever .. I mean shawty bad as shit man.

Smart mouth like her mama and a bad ass attitude like me and Keyah. She's the best tho, she brought in a new sense of happiness when she came into the world.

I also ended up wining custody case with them snakes from Ohio, yeah I won was able to get a restraining order and my baby legally adopted him.

Shits cool around here these days, I don't miss a single thing about Florida.

"Aye, I was thinking." I said coming back into the kitchen.

"That's not your strong suit."  Keyah said turning around.

"So not only are you a singer/songwriter and a businesswoman. You a comedian too?" I replied straight facing her.

"I was just playing.. what were you thinking?"

"Since we settled, let's have a barbecue."

"Oh lord Nova .. that sounds like work for me."

"Nahh, all I need you to do is to make the invites. I'll get mama to hook up the sides and I'll hop on the grill."

"When was you thinking about us doing it?"

"Kids go back to school in two weeks, summers ending .. what you think about next weekend?"

I asked filling all the cups up with ice from the fridge.

"I guess that'll work .. I wanted us to go to home depo and pick out some patio furniture and get that tv hooked up out back."

"I got that company coming to hook that stuff up tomorrow."

"Well let's do it then. Who all do you want here?"

"Just the regular.. I would like it if Ms. Joyce and Ro could come through .. Justin and Sophie been asking about em."

"Mind if I invite Cameron up?"

"Extra ass Cameron .. yeah, that'll be cool."

"Well I send out a group text later on. Right now all I wanna do is fuck this food up."

"Oooooooh ma, you owe five dollars to the cuss jar." Justin said coming down the steps with Bella on his back and Sophie following behind him.

I stuck my tongue out at her while taking Bella from him putting her in her high chair.

"I gotcha baby boy, you caught me." Keyah said shooing me the bird while they wasn't looking.

"Bae, where here sippy cup?"

"It's in the refrigerator.. it's got juice in it already.

As y'all can see life has calmed all the way down. Three kids, family dinners and cuss jars ..

This what we been fighting to get to .. peace with a whole lotta love ... I knew we would get here, two years ago it didn't look like we was gone make it but we're here man .. I'm the happiest I've ever been with my life. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect person to go through this and make it with.

_______________