Ch. 7

Nova..

2 hours later and we sitting here watching the police search our house from top to bottom trying to piece together what took place prior to them being called..

Honestly this something I don't want to get out..I do believe the boy had a weak moment and pulled some dumb shit...I mean I get it, my wife a prize and to love her is to never wanna let her go, I can't say I wouldn't have tried some dumb shit myself if I was losing her forever..

I can tell she genuinely feel bad that it got to this, but I still don't hold her responsible for it..she broke it off with the dude been trying everything possible to help me make our marriage work and move past all of this, this just one of those things we gotta overcome and work through..

Hopefully he'll see how dumb this is and move on with his life cause I see it in her eyes right now that she through with trying to have any type of relationship with him and his family..

I stood up putting my attention on the officers that was coming back up the steps from the basement ..praying to God they let this shit go and gone on about they business..nobody here is pressing any charges or filing no report..

"Mr. and Mrs. Anthony?"

The officer in charge said and we gave him our full attention.

"We're wrapping it up here and I wanna thank y'all for cooperating.. A few things caught our attention down in what I'm guessing is your studio..it's apparent there was a scuffle of some sort that took place down there and as reported, gunshots did go off.. But seeing as how you guys say everything is okay.. I can't do anything about it, the gun is registered and legal so this stays a private matter."

"Like I said officer it was just a bad reaction to some bad news we got.. We're all okay and we thank you for coming but we good."

"I understand..Just keep it down for your neighbors... We're gonna get out of here y'all have a good evening."

I walked them out, closed and locked the door behind them then took a deep sigh of relief...then I made my way back into the kitchen where Keyah, Chris and Ms. Joyce were all still sitting.

"Now that, that's over cut the bullshit and explain to me what the hell was y'all thinking? This is not good at all.. Chris you was about to throw your whole life away for this..really??

How did tonight happen, how did we get here and I want the whole truth, see this not only effects the three of you, but there are two innocent kids that's gonna end up hurt behind this as well as me..

Keyah you know how I feel about you, I look at both you and Nova like you're my very own children so please help me understand why we are in this space right now."

Mrs. Joyce said looking the three of us in our eyes..I could tell she was hurt..

"Mama this all my fault...I was drinking and got to thinking about her..then starting getting heated that she picked him over me.. Just a bunch of salty feelings brought me to their door.

I fucked up... Keyah,baby I'm sorry. I tried to respect what you wanted but my heart can't let go..I'm sorry I came here like that disrespecting you and your house and scaring you... I'll let you go and you ain't even gotta worry about keeping the girls away from each other..they can still have they relationship, you and mama can just organize that, I'll stay away..

Aug man I'm not gone sit here and act like I'm cool with you..you did her dirty, I honestly feel like she deserve better than you.. but only she know what's best for her...