Meeting the Family Part 1

It was a quiet Saturday afternoon and Adalynn was at her boyfriends Manor playing chess with him in his inner sanctum and Father was wining. "Check mate my love" Father said in a smug tone "I'll get you yet hon" Adalynn said with a smile before her phone rang "Hello" "Hello Princess"   "Hi dad" Adalynn Replied  "Guess what princess your mom and I along with rest of  the family are coming to Cleveland for dinner at William's next Sunday" "Dad that's awesome" Adalynn looked at Father who is setting the chess board back in order for another game and she blushes .

"Dad is it okay If I bring a friend of mine to dinner" Adalynn asks her Dad "Sure princess your friend Amy is always welcomed" her dad said "Dad it's not Amy it's a guy my boyfriend" "What!" Her dad yelled while in the background Adalynn heard her mom "Give me the phone Philip our baby girl has boyfriend oh I'm so happy" Her Mom said excitedly.

"That makes one of us Mary Jane" Philip said as he handed the phone to his wife before he stomped off "Addy" "Hi Mommy" "you can bring your boyfriend sweetie I can't wait to meet him" "okay mommy see you next Sunday" "okay  bye sweetie " "bye mommy" they both hung up. "So Ben would you like to meet my Family. "Sure if it will make you happy my dearest Adalynn" Father said before he kissed Adalynn which made her blush  even more.

( Time Skip to : Sunday Evening) it was beautiful evening where the whole Benton Clan were gathering at Williams modest  home,  him  and his girlfriend Harper had made a huge roast for the whole family . The Matriarch and Patriarch of the Benton Family Mary-Jane and Philip were the first ones to Arrive they had  brought Mary-Jane's Famous mashed sweet potatoes  , next to arrive was the oldest of the Benton Siblings Alexander and his Fiancee May-Lin  who had brought a dish of homemade veterinarian Stir fry  , the next ones to arrive was the second oldest Zachery and his  wife Janet who  was sporting a  small baby bump. They had brought some cupcakes from her and mothers bakery.

The next ones to arrive were Anthony, his wife Anna , along with their two children Nancy and Billy they had brought some of Anthony's award winning boneless chicken wig s for his restaurant , the next ones to arrive were Steven , his life partner Marcus , and their daughter Lilly , For a side dish they had brought some green bean casserole. Meanwhile outside Adalynn was giving Benedict ( who was out of his shadow suit ) a pep talk . "What if you family doesn't like me Adalynn" Father said in a panicked voice but, Adalynn just smiled "so, what if my family doesn't like you , that's their loss honey bear" Adalynn said as she used the pet name that she called Father while he just blushed .

"Are you ready honey bear" Adalynn said as she interlocked her hand with his "r-ready as I'll ever be my love" Benedict said nervously as Adalynn rang the door bell . "Oh my baby girl" Mary Jane said as she embraced her daughter in a tight hug "hi mom" "hey there's my little sis" Alexander said as he hugged Adalynn after their mother did, "sup little sis" Zachery said as he also hugged Adalynn "Sup yourself mister I heard that I was going to an aunt again" Adalynn said as she punched Zachery playfully in the arms as he blushed . The  rest of the family greeted Adalynn "So this is your boyfriend huh Addy" Alexander asked as he sized up Benedict "yes he is Alex and don't scare him off that goes for all of you including you daddy".  Adalynn said as she gave a pointed look at her brothers and Father while holding Fathers hand tighter .

"Hi I'm Benedict Uno it's nice to meet you" Father said introducing himself to Adalynn's Family "hi Alexander Benton  I am  the oldest this is fiance May-Lin  and , if you get into any trouble here's my card" Alexander said as he slipped Father his business card as he shook his hand , "Hi I'm Zachery  I'm the second oldest this is my wife Janet and , if you're ever in Burbank  make sure to stop by Flour power we'll give you the  family discount" .

"Hi I'm Anthony and I'm the third oldest brother  this is my wife Anna and our children Nancy and Billy , and if your ever in Costa mesa  make sure to stop by my restaurant, here's a coupon" Anthony said with a smile as he shook  Fathers hand. "Hi I'm Steven  I'm the Fourth oldest and this is Marcus and our daughter Lilly" Steven said as he and Marcus shook fathers hand , "And I'm William I'm the fifth oldest , this is my girlfriend Harper , and Addy told me that you're a fan of my show"?

  "Yes i am" Benedict replied with a shy smile  "well it's always nice to meet a fan I'll hook you up with some WBYZ Merch after dinner okay " "okay"  Benedict replied with a shy smile as Adalynn's Parents walked up to meet him  "Hi I'm Mary Jane It's so nice to meet my baby girls boyfriend" Mary  Jane said as she hugged Benedict "it's nice to meet you too ma'am" Benedict said nervously". "Don't call me Ma'am it makes me feel old call me Mary Jane okay" "okay Mary Jane" Benedict said with a small smile that went away when he saw Adalynn's Father Phillip who had to be at least 6 foot 3 "and I'm Philip Adalynns Father but, you can call me sir" Philip said as he gave Benedict a firm hand shake which he gulped in response. "Okay you guys let's eat" Mary Jane said trying to diffuse the tension between Philip and Benedict