⊰14⊱

🌹

That is one long large ass mirror...

I stand beside Cormac, the dumbfounded expression on my face giving away the fact that I really was about to have my work cut out for me. He brought me to the indoor pool house which consist of one wall as the entry point, two walls that are completely made of glass, and the last wall...the entire wall is a mirror. It reflects the beautiful green foliage from the grand back yard of Aohdan's estate, the moonlight coming in from the glass also reflects off the still pool water.

"Do you think you can clean this mirror in twenty minutes?" Cormac asks, the remark practically challenging me.

Of course I can't!

"Yes," I reply and then ask quickly, "Sir, I thought you said cleaning mirrors wasn't the only thing I am good for."

He arches a brow, turning next to me and setting down the spray bottle and rag on one of the many benches that line the mirrored wall. He asks, "Are you tired of cleaning mirrors?"

"Yes Sir," but that doesn't mean I want to clean anything else.

I suddenly feel the front of my body pressing against the smooth surface of the mirror with my right check leaving behind an imprint. My breathing is uneven, seeing the cloud appear and then disappear from the mirror while Cormac has both of my hands restrained in one of his and pressing them tightly to the small of my back. His body is against mine, my rose gold hair tied up high on my head and leaving my neck exposed. The warm breath from his lips tickle my skin and I swallow the knot that had risen in my throat.

"Would you like to clean something else little rose?" His voice is rather dark and husky, sending a chill down my spine and making me squirm ever so slightly in his hold. He notices how uneasy I am, enjoying it with a chuckle.

I whisper back, "N-No Sir," I have no idea what he has planned, but I don't want any involvement in it. Cleaning mirrors is just fine so long as he keeps his hands off of me.

Cormac's lips graze the side of my neck, his warm breath growing hotter as those lips trail down to where my shoulder meets my neck. I can hear him breathing in deeply, perhaps in taking my scent, but all it was doing for me was making me afraid. I can almost feel his heart pounding against his chest through my back, our closeness drawing a different kind of warmth into my body and leaving me speechless.

When his lips leave my neck his grip suddenly releases on my wrists and he takes a couple steps away from me. Both of my hands press against the mirror, turning my check so now my nose is touching the surface, opening my eyes slowly to stare into my cobalt irises. My breathing is still uneven and I swallow hard again before turning around from my reflection to gaze into Cormac's green orbs.

He folds his arms across his chest and nods at the mirror, "Better get cleaning."

Just like that, he leaves me to my own thoughts, the room seeming much larger now then it did just moments ago. It's quiet and I enjoy the silence; all except for the calming sound of the water every so often draining down its excess into the gutters. It's been well over fifteen minutes by now and I'm not disturbed by anyone.

As I clean the mirrors, I think about breakfast with Warren this morning. He was rather kind, much more so then anyone else in this estate. Sure, the girls were nice, but I just never felt a genuine connection to any of them, so much so that I would go into detail about my past. He however...

His chocolate brown orbs flash through my mind and I smile.

I'm shaking my head though, thinking something must be playing tricks with my ears. I can hear muffled sounds coming from the women's changing area. Furrowing my brows, I set the spray bottle back down and fold the rag over the nozzle. Carefully and quietly, I move in the direction of the women's changing room from around the far side of the pool. The malachite and black tiles are similar to the marble flooring that can be found throughout the estate, although as I approach the slightly ajar door, I pause.