Bonus Scene -4-

🖤

-Dante's POV-

What I did...

I believed Cormac was hiding the truth from me because he wanted to, though now I've seen exactly the opposite. I hurt him, ready to take his life in order to protect Rose because of the lies he continues to tell...though once I pushed him past the boundary that has been set, I saw the pain that plagued his body, destroying him from the inside out. Whatever this individual is doing to him, I know it has to do with the woman who was referring to someone...a he at the Starlight Dance. This individual holds power unlike anything I've ever witnessed, and I have to trust in Cormac now and not step in the way...

Knocking on Cormac's door, we need to meet once more before everything goes into effect. After knocking on his door, there's a few moments pause before Cormac opens the door inward, motioning for me to come into his room. His features are very cold, the wall he'd carefully built now shielding him from whatever I'd caused to attack him.

When he closes the door behind me, he turns around and we stare at one another, his eyes full of intensity. He breathes out calmly as he reminds me, "Be strong, unwavering without showing any remorse for ending the lives of those who took your brother's."

Nodding my response I add, "I'll kill them, just do whatever it is you need to do and come back safe. I made sure, Niles is already up with the packs and awaiting for Rose's arrival so they can all depart."

We say a quick goodbye before I'm going to be summoned to the meeting stones. Leaving Cormac behind, I make my way down the staircase and to the hallway leading out onto the snowy white grounds, a blanket of snow encasing the area. Making my way across the grounds, Taft, Keveon and Aohdan already standing just behind the runes they will step onto very shortly.

When Keveon eyes me quickly, I have to avert my gaze. What's left to be done is up to Cormac now and with any luck, we'll be able to provide the chance for Rose and Marc to get away safely. The selections line themselves up, my eyes holding Edeline's gaze the second she stops directly in front of me in their line. She's very good, one of the best half-breeds who are quite adept at appearing and isolating their human gene.

"Where's Arthur?" Aohdan asks curiously.

Taft shakes his head and says, "He said he needs to finish up a few things."

"Doesn't explain why Rose isn't with the rest of the line up here," I arch a brow and motion toward the selections.

Before anyone can say anything else, my question is answered...

My eyes stare hard on the fragile form of what's left of Rose...she wears jeans with flats, a high neck sleeveless shirt with no jacket. My jaw clenches as I know she's freezing, the way her skin begins to turn red shows while she walks very carefully before Arthur to stand in her spot. She never once looks up, her eyes set on the ground while my anger rises beneath the surface of my skin.

Cormac was right...

...Laisha injected her with undiluted liquid silver and whatever consequences of Cormac's actions are hidden from sight. It's not his fault...I pushed him to break that line and it only caused Rose more pain...I can see it on her downcast face.

Rose...

She's been hurt...

I'm going to tear Arthur's head from his shoulders and shove a stake through it before setting it on the council grounds. The only time that Rose lifts her chin is when Arthur steps out of line and announces, "Arthur Valentine, first council member," before standing on his rune.