Bonus Scene -5-

🐺 

Pacing around the living room of the cabin, Niles waiting alongside with me as he'd set up medical equipment in one of the upper rooms. All we know for sure is that Rose has undiluted silver running through her veins based off what Cormac has already mentioned. Glancing over my shoulder, Quinn was the last to give blood as Niles would need to replenish some of the toxic blood from her system to at least make her strong enough for the journey.

Keir left just after nine o'clock to stand by to escort her to the cabin, Bishop coming near me before he asks, "Is everything alright?"

"No, Cormac said that Arthur knows what she is..." even if this was a possibility, Cormac had separate plans for different circumstances.

"We're leaving when she arrives though?" He has been overlooking the pack while I've been completely lost, feeling unsure of how everything will unfold in the next few hours. My heart hurts as I don't know if Rose is okay, not able to feel a strong connection to her like before.

Nodding I reply, "Yes," I turn to Niles and he also confirms for me.

"It shouldn't take long to drain some of her blood and replenish it...I don't have to remove all the silver as it'll take its course naturally," Niles replies and then moves toward one of the chairs to stand next to, "I just don't want her completely weakened for the trip."

Coen exhales and states, "She's here, Keir's on his way back."

My muscles tense, my eyes lifting from the floor to lock onto the door. Each second my heart beats slowly, having waited so long to see her again...

A few moments later, Coen opens the cabin door, Keir walking in very quickly as he carries Rose in his arms. My heart stops in my chest when I see her motionless, her skin pale while Keir exclaims, "Somethings really wrong with her."

He crosses the room and I rush toward him, searching her features as I cry out, "Rose!"

Niles is quick to move beside me, a small flashlight in hand as he pries her eyelids up and shines the light against her pupils. He quickly checks her pulse before looking from Keir and then to me before he says, "We need to get her upstairs and assessed...I don't think this was just undiluted silver."

"How-"

Before I can get the sentence out, Keir rushes right by and takes the stairs two at a time. I see Rose's eyelids flicker open briefly before they shut again, Niles and I following behind as he explains to me, "Undiluted silver wouldn't kill her...it'd just weaken her."

"She's dying?" I exhale sharply once we reach the top landing, moving into the room as Keir sets her down against the bed. He sets her backpack down near the bed on the floor, his own concern clearly reflecting in his eyes as his wolf is also present. I see it then...

...he's afraid he's going to lose her just like Luna Laura.

Rose might not be his daughter by blood...but she's his daughter by bond...Luna Laura...

Cormac...we have Rose, but we don't know what's wrong with her yet. She might be dying...

How?! That's not possible with the undiluted silver!

I don't know. He's going to evaluate her and I'll let you know as soon as I know something.

Niles nods while not telling me anything else, my wolf hurt and whining, scared for our mate as I try to remain calm. Keir backs away slightly as Niles tells us both, "Get her jacket and shirt off." Keir moves forward and helps lift her gently, her head lolling to fall against his shoulder while I remove her jacket, Keir helping with her shirt before laying her back down.