⊰36⊱

This beautiful cover was made by: @PenumbraMine

This individual is also one of the four competing for the opportunity to help design the main character for the next book Tempted Fate, which will star Cormac Arin.
Make sure to show some love!

🌹

I feel free.

Running through the forest after breaking away from Cormac's estate grounds. It's refreshing how the warmth of the sun's rays brings a renewed feeling to me as my skin absorbs the heat. The shadows of the leaves flicker over head, the sun breaking through when I move through small clearings and reminding me how much I love this feeling.

The feeling of not being owned and the ability to make my own choices.

Cormac's forcing me to choose, even though he doesn't come off that way at a first glance. He wants me to only accept him if I can fully trust in him and bond. I understand where he doesn't want me to make any rash decisions and have them be regretful...but the truth of the matter is, I do want him.

I want to bond with him.

But why can't I tell him that to his face?

Not just for the power to unlock my dormant genes...but because I genuinely believe I can be happy with him despite what I think of the majority of the vampire race. Though he's hurting me...I can see he's just trying to make me stronger and think without getting my emotions involved.

But why?

I know before I hardly cared for delving into my emotions and that's exactly what kept me strong, fearless and confident when I was on my own. Maybe he wants me to posses those same qualities while bound together?

I come to an abrupt halt in a spacious clearing, the warm wind rustling my hair and the leaves of the trees that surround the clearing.

"I reacted the way I did...because I've never loved or been loved by another aside from my mother and the truth is..." I whisper to no one in particular, my eyes falling to the grassy forest floor, "...it confuses and frightens me to not completely understand or control those primal urges and feelings now running through me at an exponential pace. I've never had to reign in these emotions before...but instead, I let them run wild when I shouldn't have."

I shake my head and release a humorless chuckle from my parted lips.

How foolish I have been.

I won't let anyone play around with my head anymore. I need to stay focused and fight through the foreign feelings dwelling inside of me.

If Cormac says he's not sleeping with Missy...then he's not.

But...

...exactly what is he doing with her then that hasn't raised her own suspicions?