⊰43⊱

This lovely banner was made by: @queenmarieeantonette

🌹

Something touches my skin, but it isn't any of the vampires that appear to be hesitant in their approach. The one that holds a grip on my hair immediately lets go, my vision remaining extremely distorted while I search the room, only to breathe in sharply at the sight of what is causing this sensation to run along and beneath my skin.

The full moon castes its radiant beams through the iron bars of the window, my heartbeat escalating with every passing second. Something inside me awakens at the nonexistent touch from those beams, clawing its way up from the center of my chest until I feel a warmth that binds to my very being.

There's a voice inside that beckons me to trust and for a moment or two, I believe it is the insanity that replaced my sense of rationality from the torture I've been through. However, this voice is new, calm and gentle, but at the same time, fearless and livid. It wants to break free, to take control and protect us from the danger we are surrounded by.

It's a part of me.

A life.

A hope.

I let go, allowing the presence to push froward and take control of the forefront of my mind. Receding further away, everything becomes a blur for a moment, hearing other voices around me until they finally become clear.

"Her eyes..." one of the vampires comment, their voice holding an edge to it.

Another breathes out, taking a step back as he asks, "Did Taft really bring a werewolf into his estate?"

A different kind of pain runs its course while I hear and feel the snapping of my bones, ligaments and tendons shifting and allowing for a new form to take place. It's my screams that fill the void, intense emotions running through me as the vampires continue to back away.

All except one.

"Why hasn't she shifted before then?" The one who remains asks, narrowing his eyes on me, "Taft never used any wolfs-bane on her."

The screaming dies down, replacing the noise with whimpers and growls. The pain becomes a lingering memory, replacing it with strength I've never felt, sense I never thought possible are enhanced and...

"What the fuck..." one of the vampires walks further back, "why the hell is her fur white?"

The one that didn't move away in fear holds his ground and states, "It's her first shift, she'll fall easily."

"The fuck she will," another moves toward the door, feeling the cement beneath my paws as I growl lowly, "she's a fucking hybrid."

"How do you even know that?!" The brave one now crawls back into his shell, especially when my stance faces him, snapping my jaws at him.