⊰34⊱

🌹

🌹

This pain is hard to comprehend and it numbs my senses to even begin to understand why it's hurting me to from the start. I want it to stop, I want to forget everything I've seen and heard in that hallway as I lay awake in the small bed that is provided for me in the personal slave room.

I can't shake the image of Cormac kissing Missy. It won't leave my thoughts no matter how hard I attempt to rid myself of it. The way he touched her, held her, caressed her skin with his thumbs while his hands were at her waist...it sickens me.

Kendra sighs heavily, a bright light illuminating from her bedside in the process. The covers rustle and she props herself up on her elbows, eyeing me from across the small hallway of the room. I'm wide awake, but I keep my gaze away from her. I want nothing to do with these women who obviously have lived together for who knows how long and have formed their very own strong bond and friendship.

I am the newcomer. I am the outcast.

But...I don't want to fit in with them. I don't want to be a part of games of manipulation because with the state that I am in, I'll surely slip up and lose. I don't want to put Cormac or myself at risk with my self desires of wanting him to just take me away from everyone else and just be with him...

...but how do I even begin to admit that to him?

I can't. I freeze whenever those thoughts even begin to rise and think about all the what ifs and if he truly will love me like he says he will. It's hard to trust in words that can be so easily construed the second I tell him.

Kendra let's out another sigh, only this one is much louder. Rolling my eyes, I finally turn to my side and flick the switch on the lamp next to my bed. I sit up completely, resting my head against the headboard as we stare at each other.

She pats her hands on either side of the covers, her eyes nonchalantly looking around the room until she declares, "Ugh...I'm so bored."

"And?" I ask, but Kendra just rolls her eyes at me.

"He should have taken us both...but then again...there are plenty of others..." Kendra begins to think through whatever it is running across her mind.

He shouldn't have taken either of them...

A hand clutches my heart painfully when she continues, "Missy has always been Master's favorite...she practically lives in his room, I don't even know why he brings her back here anyways."

"That's nice," the words are forced, but a small part of me is very happy that I don't have to look at Missy's nasty face for the time being.