⊰65⊱

Rosebuds!
Code of Conduct has reached 1 Million Views! Like damn, that's crazy that ya'll are still around. Well fuck me, I couldn't be happier so...how do I repay my sincerity to you all?
DOUBLE UPDATE!

🌹

Yvette and I are almost ready for the Starlight Dance, smoothing out the low v-neck black dresses that hardly reach to just above our knees. She shoots me a smile as she says, "Black looks good on you, very sophisticated."

I laugh and reply, "I'm sure that's not their intentions...considering the measurements of the dresses."

She nods, walking across from her bed and pinching the fabric right under my forearm and I furrow my brows in confusion at what she's doing. After tilting her head to the side and examining the fabric she states curiously, "Your dress material is thinner..."

I don't understand exactly what she means by that until she shows me by having me touch the fabric of her own dress. Sure enough...it feels a lot thinner and the reason being...yeah, about as good as any I can come up with. I shake my head, trying to let the thought leave me before I ask her, "We all ready to go?"

Yvette glances around the room, the rest of the girls either already making their way down to the living area or just finishing up their final touches. There was one individual who isn't present...

...Missy.

Nope, don't feel sorry for her in the slightest considering she spilled her guts to Arthur and almost forced me into the position she is currently in. I shudder at the thought, Yvette and I making our way down the stairs and entering the living area across from the kitchen. She wanders to one of the shelves in the kitchen while I wait for her. In the time span of her walking into the kitchen, the men are also leaving their separate living space and it doesn't come as a surprise when I see Warren reach the bottom landing in a well put together outfit.

Warren's eyes meet with mine and he quickly averts them to the floor.

When did you become such an asshole?

Yvette appears by my side without me having even realized she'd been standing there for more than a few seconds. When she parts her lips and asks, "How was the last Starlight Dance for you? I almost forgot you've been apart of this before."

Warren catches what she says and I see tension rise as he wonders what my answer is going to be. I relax calmly and reply, "It was beautiful..."

Yvette furrows her brows with her jaw going slack as she asks, "You saw the stars fall?" She was eluding to the obvious fact that slaves are not permitted outside the grounds at night...let alone what Warren and I did and the events that quickly transpired thereafter.

"I did, with someone I thought was my friend," my gaze falls onto the door, breathing in deeply before turning on my heels, but not before I catch the look the settles on Warren's face. Yvette says nothing more and reaches for the door, both of us heading into the thick snow falling from the cloudy sky. It strikes me as we move across the grounds to the castle and I ask, "How will they even know where the stars fall?"

Yvette sees my concern and just as we reach the castle she informs me,"Master has triple the amount of collectors than any other council members' estate. They've never missed a beat on Master's year hosting and I'm sure it'll remain the same this year as well."

Makes sense.

We enter into the castle, everyone hustling and bustling around. Walking down the hallway toward the open doors to the ballroom, my heels click softly off the marble flooring. Anxiety rises up within me and I fiddle with the long sleeve hem of the dress at my wrist, my eyes constantly scanning the many individuals we pass.