Sleep

Noah's POV

I felt as Jordan's breathing slowing as she laid on my chest. I couldn't help smiling to myself and looking down at her. Her raven hair was spread out across my body and her right hand was tucked close to her mouth. I continued to admire her beauty when I heard the front door open.

"Jordan, I'm home." I heard Anthony yell. I kinda started freaking out. Would Anthony be mad that I'm here?

"Jordan?" Anthony asked.

"She's-she's asleep." I responded. Anthony appeared in Jordan's doorway.

"Noah?"

"Yeah, hi." I waved with the hand that wasn't pinned under Jordan, "She felt sick after today's meeting so I came home with her and made her soup and stuff."

"Well, thanks for taking care of her." He nodded, "She hasn't had the best week."

I nodded, "Well she's asleep. I think she might be feeling a little bit better."

Anthony smiled and told me he had to go grocery shopping.

"Don't let her die or anything." Anthony smiled. I laughed in response, I immediately tried to stop. Jordan began to move underneath me.

"Noah." She mumbled and reached her arms up to my neck.

"I'll leave you kids alone." Anthony grinned and walked out. Jordan called my name again. I rubbed my hand up and down her side.

"I'm right here." I whispered.

"I'm cold." She whined, not opening her eyes.

"You are under the blankets." I chuckled.

"I'm cold."

"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Take your shirt off." She pulled on my shirt.
"Take my shirt off?" I asked.

"You're warm." She began to fiddle with the buttons on my shirt with little patience.

"Okay, okay. I'll do it." I pushed her over to my side and sat up. I made quick work of unbuttoning my shirt and laying it on the side table.

"Tank top?" I prompted permission to remove my undershirt.

"Take it off." I pulled the white tank top over my head and laid back down. Jordan shuffled back over to me, laying her head on my stomach.

"You're warm." She smiled, wide awake now.

"Jordan," I sucked in a breath, "Can I tell you something?"

"Can I ask you something first?" She looked up to me.

"Shoot." I smiled down toward her.

"Why do you want to be my friend?" She asked innocently, "I have been a rollercoaster."

"I think you're cool and funny and smart and amazing. Something about you just intrigues me." I smiled. "And you're beautiful. Which leads me to what I have to say." I took in a large breath of air.

"I like you. A lot." I blurted out. I was answered with silence. I looked down at Jordan. She was fast asleep on my stomach.