Chapter three

"Dude. Shut up." Trenton murmured. As I had mentioned before, Trenton was best friends with Stephan. And right now Finnik thinks it is funny to make statements on how my father will punish him. And as any member of the void does and must know, betrayal is punishable by death. Only death.

"No way! I am only speak the truth. Either way, I am just repeating what I over heard Talon and boss saying." He raised his hands in a defensive manor.

"My dad was taking to Talon about business?" It really didn't make sense to me. Talon and My dad have been competing over nearly everything, even about my mother. It was basically a cliche love triangle. My mom chose my dad because she always said,

"I chose to be with your father because... well, If I ever really ever did love Talon like I thought I did, then I would have never fallen for your father in the first place. It has always been him. Your father, I mean. But promise me, if you are ever put into a situation where you have to pick between two men... pick the second one."

I am not sure why, but that always stuck with me. Even though she said it to me when I was five. "Yeah I guess. Shocker isn't it?" Finnik said with a smile on his face.

"Defiantly." I said in monotone. "Have you guys seen Hana? We are helping each other get ready for tonight's party."

"Probably in the kitchen somewhere." Trenton scoffed at Finnik's utterly obnoxious remark while finnik laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world.

"Dude. Shut up." I almost felt bad for Trenton. I mean, he has an idiot named Finnik sitting next to him and a backstabbing son of a flip for a best friend.

"Yeah Finnik shit up." I agreed as I walked away. I patted Trenton's shoulder when I walked past him. A faint smile was on his face which then quickly fainted into a frown. Now I really felt bad...

'Cause I was the one who has to kill him.

But I can't do anything about it. It is apart of the job. I shook the thought out of my head. I'll deal with it when the time comes. "Hana?" Although I doubted her being here I called her name. My voice bounced around the walls and created an echo.

A few boxes--Crates actually-- Were lined up against the metal walls. I walked with great posture and took long strides. I was in no rush but--

I stopped abruptly when I heard a ruffling sound coming from behind one of the crates. I released a breath I had no clue I was holding and walked a few more steps. Then I heard it again.

Quickly, I spun around and started to walk the other way. The noises stopped for a few seconds until a loud screeching noise came from the boxes. "Mariah!" I heard somebody whisper shout. My eyes widened.

Somebody was here? I quietly removed my shoes, leaving me in my socks. I winced as my feet made contact with the freezing pavement floor. I recovered and tip toed at a fast pace over to the source of the noise.

I heard somebody screen as I started to peer over the box. I jumped over without a struggle and covered the screamer's mouth. "Sh." I hissed. It was a girl.

I glared at her and pulled her up with my free hand, my nails dug into her arm. She glanced at something beside me even though her eyes were glossy from her tears. I glared at her. I slowly reached for the button my father had given to every member in case of emergency. I was out numbered in this case.

Did they really think I couldn't feel another presence behind me? I basically have eyes on the back of my head. The button makes it so you can alert somebody of something. Just as I was about to press the button a hand wrapped around my wrist.

Without thinking I lifted the girl over the box and threw her at the person behind me... Ok I don't throw her, More like shoved her. I still had no idea who was behind me I honestly might've shoved the girl to the ground.

In this time I pulled out my gun and spun around. "Who are you? And are you really this stupid." I asked harshly.

The one who I had shoved the girl to groaned and moved from underneath the girl. Just then was I able to see that he had a gun of his own. And also a jacket... But not just any jacket. A T. A. R. Jacket.

I tensed up. The girl he was with was small. like, really small. She had a face like a little baby.-

Oh. I pushed a child into a deadly human. "I will shoot both of you without hesitation if you don't tell me who you are." I barked. I stopped and waited. No response.

I pointed my gun to the boy's leg and shot. Luckily the silencer was still on the gun. He cursed under his breath but I still heard it. "Watch your profanity." I hissed sharply at him. The girl cried out loudly, her small face was covered in tears. "Listen here sweetie, you are going to tell me who you are and why you are here, Kay?"

She nodded slowly. "Hurry up doll, This one over here," I pointed to the boy-Teenager actually- "Is bleeding a lot. He can die. Do you want that?" She shook her head frantically. "That is what I thought."

"Mariah, Don't-"

"Oh be quite will ya?" He glared at me and I glared back.

"M- My-" She startled. Ugh, stuttering. "My name I-is Mariah a-and m-y" I ran a hand down my face. This kid is gonna bleed out before she even finishes one sentence. "Brother's n-name is B-Blake . H- he came to k-kill a girl named D-Daniela F-Forginans."

I licked my lipos and turned to face Blake. "Why exactly did you bring your llittle sister with you anyway?" I streched out my hand to lift him up. He eyed it carefully before taking it cautiously. I lifted him about half way then said,

"You wanna kill me huh?" He cursed once again. That was the last thing he said before I laid a lovely puch on his face. "Watch your profanity." The little girl gasped from beside me. "Help me shove him into the vent over there."

Her eyes widened. "Oh, relax. I won't leave him there. There is a hidden entrance to my room. I'll stick him up while he is unconscious."

My dad is gonna kill this kid... and his sister. I'll admit his sister is super adorable. What am I gonna do?