Chapter four

"You aren't gonna kill us right?" Mariah asked. Well how was I supposed to answer that. She seems so innocent-

Oh what am I talking about?! She is apart of T. A. R she isn't innocent. "We'll see. Now go into that closet over there and pick out a dress and a mask. Also grab a tux and a mask." Tonight was the masquerade ball. If the void had any type of dance it would be masquerade.

If I dress them up then hopefully nobody will notice them. If they stayed in my room they would defiantly be found. I wanted to question them before I brought them to my dad.

"How old are you Mariah?" I asked while I continued to stitch her brother's wound.

"T- Twelve."

"Ok. But stop stuttering, it is annoying." I finished the last stitch and looked down at my job in pride. He started to shift in the seat I had tied him up in.

I trusted Mariah. Only because she was tiny and probably would do much damage if anything. She was my elf. "Uh... why do we need to dress so fancy?"

"Just because. Have you found something?" I walked over to the closet that had many dresses, masks, shoes, tights, and just regular clothes in general.

"No. I don't think these fit me." I hummed as I thought.

"Try this one." I pulled out a red short dress. It was embedded with white rhinestones. The back of the dress was longer than the front creating an elegant, short tail behind it. It also had a single lace strap that went across the top of the chest.

Mariah's mouth was open and she was gapping like a fish. I rose an eyebrow with a small smile on her face. "What? Have you never seen a dress before?"

"N- no, it's just that that looks really expensive. What if I spill something on it? Ok yeah no. I can't wear that."

"Do they not have dresses in The Azure Razors?" I asked, propping a hand up on my hip.

"What is that?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"The gang you are apart of." I said with a not so subtle harsh tone. Her eyes widened.

"We aren't in a gang!" She seemed genuinely confused. "Blake was only wearing that jacket so he could get in here. Chef Lodus wouldn't allow that." She gasped and quickly covered her mouth as the words left her mouth.

"Chef Lodus? You mean the chef of police?!" I shouted. She winced behind her hand and nodded quickly. I ran a hand angrily through my hair.

"What the f*ck, Mariah?" I spun around to the the one and only Blake struggling in his seat.

"Hey, it is your fault for bringing her along!" I growled at him. I might not like children but I understand that kids shouldn't have to be put into this kind of stuff.

I guess I'm being a bit hypocritical. The kids who are apart of our gang don't start training till the age of ten, but at least we don't rely on them to keep secrets. If anybody ever found out about us we'd probably catch and kill the person before they had the chance to spread the word.

He rolled his eyes. He rolled his eyes at me?! Last time I checked I was the one with a gun and he was the one strapped to the chair, am I wrong? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

"Thanks." Mariah whispered with her head down. I nodded once and went back to look in the closet. I found a normal black tux and a simple black tie to go along with it. Although I didn't know Blake's size of clothing I could give a pretty accurate guess based off his body type.

He was muscular. Ok very muscular, he also was quite tall but not above 6 feet or so. He has a strong and sharp jaw line, dirty blond hair that was either styled to be messy of he just couldn't find a brush this morning. He wore black diamond earrings. I wonder if they were real diamonds.... he also has light blue eyes that nearly look clear. Quite good looking if you ask me. But he was the enemy.