Chapter seventeen

Oh who am I kidding? It doesn't matter to me, really. I am happy for Hana she deserves to be happy. I went to the entrance and just as I was about to leave Blake caught up to me. Dreadfully.

"Hey grouchy. Where are you going?" He said tossing an arm around my shoulder which I inevitably pushed off. "Aw what? Back to hating me again?" He pouted.

"I never not hated you." I said and pushed open the door, walking out into the breezy spring night. He followed behind me. "What are you doing?" I spun around and stopped him in his tracks.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean why are you here right now?"

"I don't understand." He said furrowing his brows and narrowing his eyes.

"Go back inside, Blake. That's what I mean. Just leave me alone." I muttered then went to start walking faster to cross the street. I could still feel his presence behind me and it bothered me.

"Could you just slow down." He asked his breath sounding as if he was struggling. He grabbed my wrist. I spun on my heels and slapped him hard in the face. "God... damn you are so bipolar." I roll my eyes at his statement.

"... I should have killed you when I met you. It would have created less issues. It would have been easier." I ran my hands through my hair. I took a seat on the side walk and leaned my back against the shop. I am not upset. I am just disappointed? I really am happy for Hana.

Blake had stood there for a few minutes before walking away. Jeez. I screw everything up. This is why my dad always told me never to get involved with this stuff. It create issues. So, so many issues.

I groaned and tugged at my hair. I stood up and grabbed a large rock I found on the street. I rolled it in my palm for a little before chucking it at the nearest shop's window. I felt like shît.

I regret what I said to Blake. The window shattered into millions of prices and the alarm blared. I noticed that the shop was actually a bakery. I looked left and right before walking into the street and into the shop through the broken window. I found the rock and used it again to break one of the display cases. I grabbed a chocolate cake out of the case and left the shop.

I picked little prices off of it and balanced it perfectly in my hand. I looked at the fire escape on one of the buildings and slipped off my shoes and started to climb up with ease using one hand. Don't ask how I did it. I just did. I climbed up to the top floor and attempted to get onto a roof.

Once I was up there I quietly ate the cake, my sadness and anger withering away slowly. The chilly air swirled around me without a care. I didn't care either. I promised myself that I would stop all this... feeling... starting tonight. Right now. I convinced myself that everything was just work related and that nothing ever mattered.

Why did I even break my father's simple rules in the first place.

Oh I know, I'm stupid. That's why. I rolled my eyes at my thoughts and only ended up eating a fourth of the round cake. I carried it back down with me, past the cops and back into the warehouse. "Mariah!" I called when I went back into the room. She came out of the bathroom with a shy look on her face. "Do you want this?" I handed her the rest of the cake and her face lit up with excitement. I hadn't even noticed that Blake was in the room.

"Thank you!!" She cheered. I nodded and left the room once again to get water. I let out a breath. My once Rosie cheeks faded till there was barely any color in them. My eyes no longer sparkled the same and my expression returned to the stone cold expression I once harbored.

I no longer cared.

I was better off this way.

-

I laid in my bed with the silky sheets wrapped around my body. I clutched the blanket with my hands. My back was turned away from Mariah who would occasionally attempt to cuddle up to me but I would move away. She can't get attached. Not here. And honestly, it'd be best if she never got attached to anything ever. To prevent some kind of wake up call like mine.

I finally found peace and began drifting off into a deep sleep. I let out a dragged breath. I was comfortable until I felt a pair of lips against my forehead. My eyes snapped open and I threw my fist in their direction. The person I hit fell to the ground and Kicked my legs off the bed and onto the ground. "Jesus..." The person groaned. Their mouth was covered, preventing me from hearing anything clearly. The person laid their unmoving for what felt like forever. I looked at the person with an emotionless expression the whole time.

"Get the hell up." I growled. Without hesitation the person sat up. Blake. "Oh my fuc-" I started while rolling my eyes and going back under the covers. "Go bad to sleep." I kept my back turned away from him.

I felt Blake rest his elbows on my thighs. I glared at the darkness in front of me. "You have no right to be mad at me, you know." I sat up again and pushed him off of my but grabbed a hold of his hand and pulled him out of the room, down the hallways and out the warehouse.

We stood in the crisp air looking into each others eyes. I was the first to speak. His breaths were heavy and the visible clouds of our breaths mixed. "I need you and Mariah to leave." I said firmly but my eyes were soft. I wondered to myself if I could ever be the way I was before.

His eyebrows creased. "What? No way. I never-"

"Finished your job?" I rose a perfectly arched brow at him. He inhaled sharply, his eyes never leaving mine. I'm not even sure if he blinked. "Blake, look, you screwed me up okay? I would've easily been able to kill you before but now... I just need you to leave. Tomorrow morning before breakfast would be best. I can pack your things-"

I never got to finish when Blake's lips were suddenly on mine. My eyes were wide at first but I soon let them slide closed. I kissed him back and his one hand pulled me closer by the waist and placed the other on my back. I let my hands travel up to his hair. My fingers were tangled in the strands. He backed up slowly, causing my back to hit the metal wall of the warehouse. I moved my hands from his hair to his cheeks. I pulled away and caught my breath.

He pressed his forehead against mine. "I'll be gone before you wake up in the morning." He said quietly in my ear and placed a kiss on my cheek. He pushed himself off me and went back into the warehouse. I blinked several time. I couldn't help the smile that took over my face.

I licked my lips then went inside.

I tried to convince myself that I was smiling because he was leaving but of course, that wasn't the case... at all.