Give Up

--Elexus' P.O.V--

"You need to think. Stay in control" Jullian ordered and I growled.

"I need blood" I whispered and he shook his head.

"No, you need to stay in control" He replied and I smiled, grabbing him by the collar.

"I want to rip your head off of your body" I told him and he pushed me back.

"Elexus, get a hold on yourself" He slammed me against the wall. I fought against his grip, but he pinned my arms and legs.

"Think of Lily" He whispered and there was pain in my ribs. I closed my eyes, seeing Giovene stab a man in the stomach. He brushed himself off, then snapped the man's neck.

"Elexus" Jullian snapped me back into reality and I opened my eyes.

"I'm becoming him" I whispered and he sighed, letting me go.

"I'm taking the role of his mate. I'm feeling him, I'm seeing his perspective" I informed him and hugged his waist.

"I'm so scared" I admitted and he hugged me back, kissing my head.

"If we make you bond with Exaveyour instead, will your bond with Giovene break?" Jullian asked and I pulled back.

"Exaveyour doesn't want me. He just hates you. Right when this is all over, he'll have a normal life. But, if I bond with him and then we stray, we will die" I pointed out and he nodded.

"He seems pretty in love with you" He replied and watched me.

"If you had to choose, who would it be?" He asked and I chuckled.

"I would choose neither. After what they did to me-" 

"We can live in this fantasy. This make believe land where you will be fine without a mate. But, we both know how this ends" He cut me off.

"Where is this coming from?" I asked and he shook his head.

"We have to find our daughter" He walked away and I grabbed his arm.

"I need to know why you're acting like this" I told him and he scoffed.

"I need to know why we're not looking for my daughter. She is all I have left. My father hates me, you have two mates, and my daughter is with them" He argued and I stayed quiet.

"And you're here, doing absolutely nothing. I risked life and limb for you. I put you first. That's something we have in common" He grabbed my hand.

"Put somebody before you" He added and I slapped him across the face.

"I don't know if you've noticed. But, I lost my best friend and my brother because of you! I picked you!" I yelled and he smiled.

"No, you picked Kat because Giovene liked her. You couldn't risk not being the favorite. Not being the center of attention" He grabbed his jacket, putting it on.

"I don't know what you'll be doing, but I'm looking for my child" He left the house and I sat down, feeling hopeless.

"Just give it up" A voice said and I stood up, turning around, finding Kat sitting on my bed.

"I'm gunna kill you" I charged at her, but she moved across the room.

"No, you're not. I know where your daughter is. If you harm me, they will take another family member" She smirked and I watched her.

"Also, me being dead would be a huge tragedy. Jay would be even more mad at you" She pointed out.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Giovene sent me. He knows you feel the connection. I'm merely a messenger" She paused as Jullian entered the house again. He came into the room, stopping as he saw her.

"Where is she?" He growled.

"Safe" She answered.

"You back-stabbing bitch" He grabbed her by the throat.

"If I remember correctly, I've been the one betrayed. My best friend chose me to die. Decided my life was below yours" She grabbed his arm, breaking it. He let her go.

"We were hanging by our wrists, I got stabbed. Then, she told Giovene to kill me. What type of best friend does that? Oh, wait, a fucking terrible one. So, I decided an eye for an eye is best" She looked at us.

"But, there seems to be trouble in paradise. Do you regret your choice?" She asked and he looked at me.

"I only regret getting on a knee for her" He left again and I stood in shock.

"Giovene will love to hear this" She vanished and tears filled my eyes. I cried, sitting on the bed.

--Giovene's P.O.V--

"What's wrong?" Exaveyour asked, making me look at him.

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"You're crying" He said and I touched my face, tears falling.

"It has to be her" I stood up, calling her off of my phone.

"Hello?" She cleared her throat, but I heard the sadness.

"If you don't mind, being sad wasn't in my schedule" I told her.

"Where are you? Give her back" She ordered and I chuckled.

"She's sleeping. That would be rude to wake her" I teased, Jay asleep on the bed, Lily sleeping next to him.

"She needs her mother" She said and I sighed.

"I need her mother, too. I love her mother more than anything" I looked at Alpha Buddy. He looked so tired of all of this.

"Her mother will kill you if that child is harmed" She promised.

"I'll go down swinging. I know you felt that blood lust. How did Jullian react to it?" I asked. She was silent.

"He cracked, didn't he? Gave up on you. What did he say?" I asked her and she hung up.

"He told her he regretted proposing to her" Kat filled in the blank and we all smiled.

"It's tearing them apart. Young love cracks under pressure" Alpha Buddy spoke and I nodded.

"You get your son, I get my mate. We all win" I said.

"I don't get it. Exaveyour, she's your mate, too. Why are you okay with him getting her?" Kat asked.

"I want a normal life. Right when she chooses Giovene, I'm free. I don't want her. I just want her to leave Jullian. No disrespect, Alpha, but I hate your son" Exaveyour explained.

"Then, why are you going along with this?" She asked.

"Because Giovene is one of the few friends in my life. And if he wants to have a hot mess in his life, who am I to turn him down?" He joked and I smiled.

"Best of friends. He might not agree with anything I do, but he sticks with me. He is the only person I trust here" I added and he smiled at me.

"Can I talk to you outside?" Kat asked and I got up, leaving the room.

"She's falling apart" She informed me and I inspected her.

"Yes, she is, that's the plan" I reminded her and she shook her head.

"She's going to be ruthless. Nothing to lose. Jullian is planning on taking Lily away from her, her family is in danger, and she blames herself. She is going to try to kill you, even if it kills her" She warned me and I smirked, holding her face.

"I'm not scared of her. She isn't a killer. The way she reacted to killing Thomas made that clear" I said and she stared up at me. I kissed her, making her kiss me back. I pulled back sharply.

"That's interesting. Who killed me?" Somebody asked and I looked, Thomas standing there.

"You're dead" I whispered.

"No, not for that long. Thanks for burying me in a shallow grave. Made it easy for my family to find me" He walked to me, putting  his hand on my shoulder.

"What have I missed?"