Another Bump in the Road

"Is this necessary?" Giovene asked.

"Well, you have enough people against you including my entire family. So, if you could solve your personal issues with your brother, he won't try to kill you" I explained and we stopped outside of his brother's house.

"Are you sure this is it?" Exaveyour asked.

"Yeah. My dad bought him this house" Giovene replied and got out. I got out with him, standing next to him.

"Why are you coming?" He asked and I smirked.

"Just in case he tries to rip your throat out of your body, I can either stop him or video tape it" I teased and he gestured for me to walk first. I did, knocking on the door. We waited, making me knock again. Nobody answered and Giovene kicked the door in. 

An arrow shot at him and I caught it before it hit him. Lucas stood there, crossbow in his hand.

"Next time, aim a little more to your right. Would've connected to his heart, ending all of our misery" I joked and Lucas smirked.

"Did you miss me, Elexus? It's been some time since I've seen you" He told me, tossing the crossbow aside.

"I actually didn't miss you at all, you psychotic Operal. You guys ruined my life" I replied and broke the arrow in half, dropping it.

"No, Giovene ruined your life. We just gave him a helping hand" He explained and I sat down on a couch, kicking my feet up.

"A helping hand isn't killing my brother's mate, then using her as leverage to bring me back, therefore turning my own flesh and blood against me" I said and Giovene stood, staring at Lucas.

"Have you heard anything about dad?" Giovene asked and Lucas looked at him.

"You tell me-"

"I did not kill our father! I'm fucked up in the head, but not that fucked up" Giovene cut him off.

"You were fucked up enough to kidnap me. Then, after you let me go back to my family, you kidnapped my child. I like to believe you're very capable of killing your father" I replied and Giovene looked at me.

"See, this whole being your mate things have a lot of upsides. But, the downside is that you're starting to act like me. So shut your mouth for a hot second as I promise my brother that I didn't kill the man who raised us" He said and I made the gesture of zipping my mouth.

"I have a hard time believing you" Lucas said and I picked up a picture. 

"Is this baby Giovene?" I asked and Lucas moved next to me, looking at the picture.

"It is" He replied and I smiled.

"Did you know Giovene gave me his blood when I was a child? He saved my life and ruined at the same time" I put the picture down, standing up. I walked around, looking at the pictures and items as they argued.

"Shut up" I said after fifteen minutes, making them continue.

"Shut up!" I yelled and they looked at me. I tackled the men as bullets rained over us. Wooden bullets. I heard empty guns click and I stood up. I took a deep breath, catching the scents. I took my clothes off, shifting.

I ran out the house, following the trail. I caught up to one of the men, tackling him. I got off, seeing it was Jonell. I shifted back, making him look at me.

"Elexus" He whispered and I nodded.

"What are you doing here, little brother?" I asked.

"Dad told us Giovene had you. Jullian told us about Giovene's brother. We thought getting to the brother would get to you. But, Jullian also told us that Giovene and his brother don't get along. So, we took their dad to lure them out" He said and he got up.

"I'm fine, I promise. As long as my child is fine and you guys are okay, I'm alright. One day, I will be able to balance all of this out. But, I'm putting others ahead of myself" I kissed his head, holding his face.

"Go tell Dad to keep an eye on my daughter for me. Jullian needs his pack" I pleaded and he nodded.

"I love you. Tell the family I love them. Now, you have to run" I added and he nodded, running away. I went back to the house, putting my clothes on as the men talked to Exaveyour and Jay. Jay nodded at me slightly and I nodded back.

'It was our siblings' I reassured him and he looked away.

"Did you find them?" Giovene asked.

"No, they were too fast. I couldn't catch up" I lied and he looked at Lucas.

"Those were probably the assholes that have dad. And that's not me. So, either fight with me or fight against me" Giovene ordered and I watched Lucas.

"I'm against you. Always have been, always will be" He said and his heart beat sped up.

"You're lying" I whispered.

"Not now with your gift, alright?" Jay said.

"Your heart beat sped up for about 3 milliseconds. Even the smallest boost is still a sign of you lying. Put your ego behind you and work with your brother if you want your father back. We aren't here to fight you, we're here to settle things with you" I explained and Lucas watched me.

"My brother has done things you wouldn't forgive. Bigger than what he's done to you. He's a monster. If you were as smart as you are pretty, you'd see that and leave him to rot" Lucas walked closer to me, leaning into my ear.

"He will ruin you just as he ruins everything he touches" He hissed and I looked at him, slapping him.

"Get your head out of your ass and realize that your father is more important than your disliking for him. I was told by my fiance that putting myself first only hurts others. So, stop throwing yourself a pity party and get your life together" I ordered and he took a deep breath.

"Put your hands on me again, and I will forget that my brother loves you. I will break you, just as I tried to do all those years ago, sweetheart" He promised and looked at Giovene.

"Before I forgive you, I want dad safe and sound. Got it, bub?" Lucas shouldered passed Giovene and left the house.

"Please don't tell me this means that he's joining the dysfunctional family" Jay pleaded and Giovene sighed.

"I'm pretty sure this is the only option. If we find my father, he'll probably help us get rid of Thomas" He said and I smirked.

"Anybody that helps us get rid of that pest is welcomed to me" I watched Jay and Exaveyour leave. Giovene looked at the picture on the floor, covered in glass and bullets. He picked it up, smiling.

"I was a good child, from what dad told me. I was always willing to share and I never cried" He told me and I walked to him.

"Giovene, as much as it kills me, I think that under the craziness, you're still a good person. I can see it" I whispered and grabbed the picture, laughing.

"Plus, you're still as pretty" I looked into his hazel eyes. I put my hand on his cheek, making him kiss me. I kissed him back, feeling the warmth spread through my body. A honk of a horn made me pull back.

"I'm keeping this picture for blackmail" I left and he followed.

"Don't show that to anybody" He threatened and I got in the car, looking at Kat.

"Wanna see this picture of Giovene?" I asked and showed her the picture.

"That is adorable" Kat laughed and Giovene rolled his eyes.

"Whatever" He replied and I laughed at him, sitting back in my seat.

"Off to find a father and deal with a psychotic ex boyfriend"