Final Countdown

I got to my room, Exaveyour with me. I stood in front of the window, watching Hector and Darnell spar. I took a deep breath, looking at my shirt. Covered in Giovene's blood.

"Do you feel different?" Ex asked and I shrugged.

"I feel like there's a void. Something that can't be filled" I replied and he nodded.

"Your connection to Gio. It was part of me too. We were all interlinked. What he felt, you felt, then I felt it. When he died, it was a burst of emotion. Then, it was gone" He told me and I took my shirt off, throwing it aside.

"I still feel him. In my soul. He never knew when to let go of something" I said and he sat on my bed.

"Are you going to stay?" He asked and I layed on my bed.

"Probably. Depends on how the next 24 hours go. If Rick doesn't find a cure, I'm not sure what I plan on doing" I admitted and he just layed back.

"You have the urge to kill?" He asked and I chuckled.

"I always have" I replied and we closed our eyes. We woke up to a glass crashing. I groaned, holding my head. I grabbed a clean shirt, going downstairs.

"What happened?" I asked and Hector was cleaning up the mess.

"Dad got into an argument with Jonell" He answered and I sat on the counter.

"Do you think Rick is going to find the cure?" He asked and I inspected him.

"I'm not really giving him another option" I admitted and he stood next to me.

"Heard about Giovene. I'm sorry" He told me and I shook my head.

"Wasn't your fault. He jumped in front of the bullets. He chose my life over his" I informed him and he was silent.

"At least we got one last Christmas together. As a family" He said and his nose started bleeding. I hopped off the counter, grabbing a napkin and holding it to his nose.

"Dad!" I yelled and Hector collapsed. I held him, my mind racing.

"Dad! I need you!" I screamed and Dean got there, all the guys following. Ray took him from my arms and Ex grabbed me as I charged to the basement.

"You're not going down there" He told me and I stared at him.

"My little brother is dying-"

"And Giovene is dead! You haven't stopped and just realized that no matter how much you hurt Rick, he's no closer to a cure" He cut me off and I pushed him away from me.

"I'm not the enemy here-"

"You know, I genuinely wish you two never came back into my life. I was happy and everybody was fine. But, you and Giovene had to come back and ruin everything" I told him and he let me shoulder past him, going downstairs. 

"Richard, I know I left you for a couple hours, I'm just coming to see how it's turning out" I walked to the room, going in. Colleen stood over Trish, who wasn't looking too good.

"So, by the look of that, I'm not thinking it's going too well" I said and he looked defeated.

"I can't do this. This virus took months to make. I can't rush a cure in hours" He whispered and I nodded.

"You promised Colleen somewhere warm. Anywhere in particular?" I asked him and he sighed.

"Miami" He answered and I smiled softly.

"That's where Giovene wanted to go. He loved Florida, the beaches, the culture, the food. He wanted to start over. We never did that" I informed him and he sighed.