No Fighting on Christmas

"I don't like you because I do like Jullian. Some call it love. I've grown up with him, dated him, got engaged to him, had a child with him. The day he told me about you, I was happy for him. Meeting you was the hard part" I explained and Dad told the boys to finish eating and get to the living room.

"You're the infamous Elexus. Heard things about you. A few friends called you a bitch, I thought they were lying. Guess they were right. I am Jullian's mate. Nothing any of us can do about it. Just like you have no control over having two mates" She replied and I took a sip of my drink.

"But, I can choose to let you sit across from me in my father's house and call my a bitch over Christmas dinner. I can choose not to kill you on sight. My two mates feel everything I feel. Pain, pleasure, happiness, even blood thirst. Once I feel even the slightest bit of anger, we all do. So, try to keep me calm, why don't you?" I smiled and Jullian cleared his throat.

"I don't like you threatening my mate, Elexus" He leaned forward.

"What are you going to do about it?" Giovene asked and Exaveyour rolled back his sleeves.

"Yeah, what did you plan to do about it?" Exaveyour asked and we all stared at Jullian.

"You want a fight? During Christmas dinner?" Jullian asked.

"I never heard them say they wanted a fight. Do you want a fight?" I asked and he smirked.

"I want to take my daughter and go home" He stood up and I put my hand up.

"Listen, just one question for you" I told him and he sat back down.

"Why can't my mates go into your house to see my child?" I asked and he sighed.

"The last time your mate was in our house, he took Lily from her crib and told me to stop looking for you. I can't risk them hurting her" He said and I looked at Giovene, who kept his eyes low.

"Giovene" I whispered and he looked at me.

"Apologize" I ordered and he scoffed.

"Definitely not" He got up, making me watch him.

"I want peace on both sides. I need my family" I informed him and he sipped his water.

"I'm going to see Lucas. He's at my dad's. We have something planned" He kissed my forehead, looking at Dean.

"Dean, thank you for the wonderful dinner. And thank you for having me over. Merry Christmas" He said and left the room.

"Victoria, what do you want from me?" I asked her and she perked up, not expecting to be talked to.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Do you want me to do? Stop talking to the father of my child? Because believe it or not, I want to have a nice life. And in order to do that, I want to raise my daughter with a father. And if you are in the way of that, I will take that child out of his life" I told her and I smiled.

"I want you to like me enough to deal with seeing me at holiday gatherings" She replied.

"Why? Jullian's only tie to my family is our child. He's lucky he even gets invited to these things. I'm not part of his pack anymore, he's not even connected to me in any other sense of being parents. I don't ever need to see you or him again" I pointed out and Jullian cleared his throat.

"Go fuck yourself, Elexus. You're not taking my child. You're gunna have to deal with me" He said and I smiled.

"I'll deal with you" I stood up and so did he. My eyes flashed gold and Dean got up.

"No fighting on Christmas" He said.

"I have to go, Dad. The dinner was great" I gestured to Exaveyour and he got up too. Tiago grabbed his plate, leaving with us.

"Leaving so soon?" Hector asked and I hugged him.

"Your sister doesn't like to feel unwelcome" I kissed his temple, pulling away. I put my coat on, Tiago calling shotgun. I waved to the rest of my brothers, going to leave.

"I have to say bye to Lily" I reminded Exaveyour and he nodded.

"We'll be in the car" He said and I walked to the back, finding Kat sleeping on the rocking chair, Lily in her crib. I leaned in, kissing Lily's forehead. She smelled like Victoria. My eyes flashed red and I left the room.

"Elexus!" Exaveyour called and I rushed to the dining room. I grabbed Victoria, slamming her against the wall.

"I smell you on my child" I growled and she looked scared.

"That's the wolf in her coming out. Mama doesn't like another scent on her pup" Dean informed us and I felt my fangs extend.

"You do not have the right to hold my daughter. She is not yours. You did not carry her for nine months and then give birth to her. You did not raise her. You did not fight everyday to get back to her. She is mine" I gripped her tighter. She punched me and I stumbled back. I felt my lip bleeding and I smiled.

"Wrong move" Exaveyour warned, his body starting to shift.

"Shit" Jullian muttered and he shifted too, having to face off with Exaveyour.

"Boys!" Dean called and they rushed in. I grabbed Victoria, slamming her into the table. Jullian lunged at Exaveyour and I punched Victoria in the face. I was grabbed and I tried to fight through the restraints. 

"Elexus!" Kat screamed and I stopped swinging, looking up at her. She was holding Lily and Lily was crying. I was let go and I walked to Lily. 

"Oh, baby, don't cry. Mommy was just upset. It's okay" I whispered, holding her. I kissed her forehead, tears in my eyes.

"Mommy just doesn't want to lose you to anybody. Mommy loves you" I smiled and she calmed down. I sat on the floor, holding her to me. Jullian moved to us, still a wolf. He layed next to us and I nodded at him.

"Look, Daddy is okay too. We're all okay, Lillianna" I promised and they left us there, Kat going to help Victoria clean up. Exaveyour went with Tiago, going to find clothes. 

We sat there, in silence. Jullian shifted back, sitting next to me.

"So much for her first Christmas dinner" He joked and I smiled.

"I think we just got her ready for the rest of her life. This family will always fight on Christmas. Last Christmas, it was Jay and Chris" I pointed out.

"I'm sorry for being a dick to your mates. I just don't trust them" He apologized and I held his hand.

"I do. Trust me. I would never put her in harm's way. Tomorrow, when we pretend to like each other and open gifts with Lily, let them come" I pleaded and he sighed.

"Fine" He replied and I kissed his knuckles.

"Go put on clothes, there are kids around" I teased and he got up.

"No fights on Christmas. That's all I ask for every year. Nobody ever listens" Dad stood in front of me and I smirked.

"Maybe next Christmas" I joked.

"I honestly wouldn't trade this dysfunctional family in for anything. At first, I thought I fucked up. But, I realized it's the fact that 10 werewolves will clash occasionally. Add in two mates, a boyfriend, a boyfriend's mate, and a baby, there will definitely be conflict. But, after every fight, we clean up, dust ourselves off, and move on. That's what makes us Alvarez's so unique. Fighting does solve our problems" He helped me to my feet.

"No more surprises?" He asked and I smiled.

"Of course not" I replied and somebody walked in the door. I froze, Dad looking over. He stopped, not knowing what to do. I called for the boys, making them rush over. They all stopped sharply.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Trish?" Dad asked and I didn't know how to react.

"I heard there was a Christmas dinner. I wasn't invited" She walked into the dining room.

"Who's the chick?" Kat asked and Jay wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"That's Trish. Our mom"