A visitor

Gothel pointed the knife at the man "Who are you?! and how'd you know my name?!" She asked angrily. "No need to be mad Gothel I'll answer your question one by one" The man said. "For your first question...My name is Ptch Black at your service." He said as he took a bow. Gothel rolled her eyes "And for your second question... I know everyone's name and I'm here to help you solve your problem with your little flower Rapunzel." he said. "What can you possibly help me?" Gothel asked as she placed the knife back on the table. "Well do you remember Rapunzel talking about a winter spirit?" he asked. Gothel thought for a little while...

*Flashback*

"Mother! Mother! Look at this." Little Rapunzel said waving a piece of paper in front of Gothel's face "Let me see." Gothel took the paper and saw a drawing of a teenage boy with blue eyes, snow white hair wearing a blue jacket with frost around its edges, a brown pants and lastly he was holding a weird looking stick. Who's this flower?" Gothel asked. "He's Jack frost the winter spirit." Rapunzel replied with her cute little voice....

*End of Flashback*

"Yes I remember but he doesn't exist, he's just her imaginary friend that's all." Gothel said. Pitch shook his head in disagreement "I hate to say this but he does exist and he's the one encouraging your little flower to see those lanterns." He said. Gothel got mad "How can I get rid of him then?" Gothel asked angrily "Calm down Gothel I have a plan" Pitch said with an evil grin.

Meanwhile, in Rapunzel's room, she was still sobbing and Jack tried his best to comfort her "I can't believe she...yelled at me." Rapunzel said still sobbing "I know I'm sorry it was all my fault I never should have forced you." Jack said rubbing her back it was very cold though but she ignored it she sat up and embraced Jack "No it wasn't your fault Thank you for being here with me Jack." She said as she embraced him tightly. Jack was glad to hear those words he embraced her back then pulled away "Hey it may not be outside or the lanterns BUT I'll do my very best to make your birthday memorable and of course FUN!" Jack said.

Even though Rapunzel's eyes were still watery she smiled. Just then her mother came in Rapunzel turned and when she realized it was her, she wiped her tears and fixed herself. "Ummm...Rapunzel dear? I'm so sorry I yelled at you a while ago." Gothel said as she sat beside Rapunzel who was staring at the floor. "No mother I'm sorry It was my fault." Rapunzel said. "Okay now for my surprise.." Gothel said she went out Rapunzel looked at her as she went out, then Gothel came back holding a purple cloak. "Uh what is that for?" Rapunzel asked.

Gothel sighed and went towards her "I've decided...I mean you're old enough and it will make me a wicked and terrible mother if I won't let you see those lanterns." Gothel said. Rapunzel's eyes grew wide "You mean?.." She asked looking at her wanting to know if she heard her right, Gothel nodded and Rapunzel embraced her "Oh!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I promise I'll be careful mother." Rapunzel said excitedly while Jack felt something isn't right but he shook those thoughts off what matters is that Rapunzel is now happy.

"Oh I know you will be flower I trust Jack Frost to look after you." Gothel said as she looked at Jack who was surprised..."Sh...She can see me?" Jack asked himself softly but then he saw Gothel and Rapunzel looking at him waiting for his reply "Yes I promise I'll protect her no matter what." Jack said. Rapunzel smiled and he smiled back "Wait you're not coming with us?" Rapunzel asked as she looked at her mother "Oh I'm sorry dear I have some important matter to attend to but Happy Birthday dear." Gothel said as she kissed Rapunzel's head.

"Now I have to go." Gothel said. "Be careful dear and don't talk to strangers." Gothel added as she slid down Rapunzel's hair. "I will be fine mother Bye!" Rapunzel said as she waved her hand. When Gothel was already gone Rapunzel looked at Jack "Ready?" He asked Rapunzel bit her lip and nodded excitedly.