Letting Go

Jack flew back to the tower with Rapunzel in his arms. She was still unconscious and she's cold and wet.

When he reached the tower, he placed Rapunzel on her bed and placed a blanket on her.

He took a towel hanging on the cabinet and wiped her wet heir,arms,face and legs.

After that, he sat on a chair next to her bed and watched her.

He almost lost her...ALMOST

Jack caressed her hair and looked at her. He can't bear to lose her and if he will lose her...he'll never forgive his self.

He heard a noise downstairs, He immediately grabbed her staff and went downstairs to check what it was.

When he got downstairs, He saw a cloaked figure,he was about to shoot when the figure raised its arms "Wait! Don't shoot!" it was a woman.

"Who are you?" Jack asked still aiming his staff at the mysterious woman.

The figure went into the light and there he saw who she was

"It's me...Gothel." Gothel said taking off her cloak.

Jack lowered his staff and sighed in relief.

"Where's Rapunzel?" Gothel asked after she hanged her cloak.

"She's........"

"She's what? Jack? What happened?!" Gothel asked worry written across her face.

"She's upstairs." Jack finished.

Gothel was still really worried that she immediately ran upstairs to Rapunzel's room.

When she got there, she saw Rapunzel on her bed, Unconscious,pale and cold.

She rushed to her side and held her hand tightly. "Oh my little flower, What happened to you?" she whispered as she brushed her hair with her wrinkly hand. That's all she ever cared about...her hair....her magical hair.

Jack was by the door watching Gothel as she brushed her daughter's hair.

Gothel frowned and stood up and turned to Jack.

"What happened?!" She asked raising her voice.

Jack flinched at her voice but composed himself "She....almost drowned." he answered slowly.

Gothel's eyes widened at this and clenched her jaw..."You didn't look after her?! I trusted you!"

"I did and I....I'm sorry." Jack stuttered,his eyes turned glassy as tears filled up his eyes.

Gothel saw this and breathed heavily. "Alright...But this can't happen again....I think it's best...you'll never come back to see her again."

Jack widened his eyes in shock...he can never do that...he just can't leave her. "What?! No I can't and I won't!"

A black sand crept up towards Rapunzel's forehead and it went in.Jack wasn't able to see this for Gothel blocked Rapunzel. Rapunzel opened her eyes immediately.

Jack heard Rapunzel groan so did Gothel. Gothel turned to Rapunzel "Flower! Are you alright?!" Gothel asked as she sat to her side. Rapunzel looked at her and nodded slowly "I'm okay mother...but...what happened? and...who's that?" Rapunzel asked as she looked at Jack.

Jack frowned in confusion..."It's me Punz....It's me Jack."

Rapunzel looked at her mother and frowned "Who's that mother?"

"Rapunzel! Stop it! It's not funny!" jack said as he stepped closer.

"Mother..." Rapunzel whispered as she hid behind her mother.

Jack knew that she wasn't kidding....she don't know him...she don't remember. He took a step back and looked at Rapunzel...she was staring at him fearfully.

Gothel looked at him with a sorry look.

"I guess she doesn't remember you anymore." she said sadly...but at the back of her mind...she was happy at Jack's expression...HURT.

Jack sighed...she can't remember him....did he fail her? Is this what happens when you fail your child whom  you promised to protect and guide? Maybe it was.

Jack looked at Rapunzel one last time before he turned away.

Maybe it's time to let her live her life on her own now...she's already an adult...and...she doesn't remember him.

Maybe it's better this way...Rapunzel won't be sad about him leaving....but does this make him happy???

Absolutely not...but he has to let her go...it's for the best...to let her go.