17. breathe

Breathe (verb): be alive; remain living.

Luna

I shifted restlessly, despising the restraints circling my wrists. At least I was outside, when we arrived back from the 'hunting' trip, Bellamy didn't think there would be any harm in letting me be outside.

Everyone was in much higher spirits after people brought back some game. The fire washed the camp in an orange glow as people talked and laughed. But there was one thing on my mind that had been bugging me since we got back.

Clarke, Finn and their eager plus one still weren't back.

Bellamy wasn't phased, mumbling something like 'the princess can handle herself' but I wasn't so sure. The cry of pain, we heard in the woods, now a group hasn't made it back? Something isn't adding up.

We didn't make it to the lake. We got close but come across another group that were tracking a boar, so we linked up with them. I could feel Bellamy's gaze on me, the whole day and it wouldn't take a genius to figure out what he was thinking.

He gave me an out, basically handed me my freedom and told me to run.

And I couldn't do it.

I just signed my death sentence because I couldn't walk away from him.

I am probably the worst grounder that ever walked the earth.

I wonder if he was more confused than I was.

Suddenly Raven appeared out of nowhere and plopped down against a post, opposite me. Our eyes met and I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not part of the 100. No one knows me, or even wants to know me, Clarke and Finn are probably in that little hideout of yours doing god knows what and I'm the outsider." She burst out.

"I figured that us outsiders should probably stick together." She offered me a small smile.

"I'm Raven." She reached out her hand to shake mine but because of the shackles I couldn't offer mine. I held up my hand and shook the chains so that they jingled. She retracted her hand.

"Right, chains. I forgot about that." She mumbled.

"I'm Luna." I spoke up and she lifted her head in suprise.

"Luna." She echoed.

"Cool name." She stated.

"Likewise." I responded and she grinned.

We settled into a comfortable silence before a thought struck me.

"You know, I don't think that Clarke and Finn are... well doing that. Not when they have that other kid with them." I told her and she raised her eyes sharply.

"So all three of them are still out there?" She asked.

I nodded.

"dammit." She said more to herself than me.

"Excuse me." She jumped up and disappeared.

She was gone for about ten minutes, fifteen at the most before she come running over to me.

"Me, Monty, Octavia and Bellamy are going out to look for them. You in?" She asked breathlessly.

"Are you forgetting that I'm your prisoner?" I asked.

"Yeah well, Bellamy told me that you're the best tracker he's ever seen." She challenged.

"I"m the only tracker he's ever seen." I rolled my eyes but my cheeks were warm from his compliment.