Lumiose City Pursuit!

Y/N's P.O.V.

"This way we're almost there!" Bonnie yelled as me, Ash and Red ran close behind, Clemont was dragging behind but said to go ahead and he'd catch us up. Bonnie led us to a big building that's gotta be the lab! We quickly ran inside "hello! Professor Sycamore are you here?!" Ash and Red yelled "*yawn* coming! Froakie, Fennekin!" Some one yelled, I looked towards the voice's direction to see a guy in a lab coat I guess that's Professor Sycamore I gotta say he was pretty hot! "Do you know these Pokémon Professor?" Red asked "I sure do, Sophie come quickly! We've been in recent contact with their trainers" he informed us as he handed the injured Pokémon to Sophie. I felt a little upset when he said that Fennekin had a trainer now I won't be able to repay it for saving Umbreon. "Are their trainers on the way here now?" Ash asked "I'm afraid not, they contacted us saying they wanted to give them up" the Professor told us before Clemont walked through the door. "Took you long enough" I huffed. After introductions were out of the way we went to the room Fennekin and Froakie were in "there's nothing to worry about. Sophie is the absolute best in what she does" Professor Sycamore assured us, I scoffed and walked out of the room.

Ash's P.O.V.

"Is you're sister alright she seems a little upset?" Professor Sycamore asked "yeah she's just going through a bad time" I answered "but she hasn't been looking after herself, it's been ages since we've seen her eat or sleep" Red added. He nodded in understanding, "so Ash, Red where are you and your sister from I believe this is your first time in Kalos" Professor Sycamore said to us. "We're from Pallet town in Kanto, I'm on a journey to become a Pokémon master, Red and Y/N already are masters and they're both champions from Kanto" I told him "yeah, not long after I became champion I began searching for Mew, but I couldn't find it and stayed at Mount Silver in Johto for 6 years until Y/N found me and knocked some sense into me" Red laughed "then welcome! Forgive me for not thanking you yet for saving Froakie and Fennekin. It's much appreciated" he said gratefully "you're welcome, they saved us so we returned the favour but what's the deal with their trainers?" Red asked "well one of my numerous responsibilities is to give trainers their very first Pokémon, Fennekin, Froakie and Chespin are the starter Pokémon here in Kalos. However the two you returned here in particular are very stubborn they're the only ones who constantly get returned. They refuse to listen to trainers during battle, sometimes they run away simply because they dislike their trainers and many have returned them for those reasons" he informed us. 

A Garchomp walked in the room and stood next to Sophie "Garchomp stays here with me at the lab she's a very good assistant when it comes to tending to the Pokémon" the Professor said before petting his Garchomp. "Don't worry Garchomp, Froakie and Fennekin will be just fine, you can thank these people" Professor Sycamore told Garchomp who turned around to greet us. "Professor, I've heard a lot in your research on Pokémon evolution is it true?" Clemont asked "yeah there are a lot more Pokémon living at the lab with me and Garchomp would you like to see them?" Professor Sycamore asked "yes please!" Bonnie exclaimed, the Professor led, Bonnie, Clemont and Red to the Pokemon "hey Ash you coming bro?" Red asked "I'll catch up with ya" I told him, he nodded and caught up with the others.

Sycamore's P.O.V.

I took the 3 kids well 2 i'm almost certain Red is over 20 years old now to the Pokémon garden looks like Y/N found her own way here. She was playing with an Umbreon and a Charizard they must be hers as we don't have any here at the lab. "Y/N are you alright? I don't mean to intrude but I asked your brothers and they told me that you were going through a 'bad time'" I told her "it's fine. I'm more angry about it than upset" she replied "would you mind if I asked why?" I questioned "it was mys old boyfriend. He left me against a legendary Pokémon, my Pokémon had all fainted and I had no defense but he still ran and didn't send any help" she told me "how terrible" I gasped "yeah if it wasn't for my brothers and friends showing up I wouldn't be here now" she told me. I looked at her Charizard, it reminded me of something I had in the lab. "Y/N could you stay here and watch the others for just a moment?" I asked "of course" she answered "thank you I'll be right back!" I chirped. Once I had what I needed I returned to the garden "here Y/N, I think these will help you on your journey" I told her before giving her a box. "Gee thanks all I've ever wanted is two shiny stones" she said in a confuse toned "they're stones for a theory I'm testing out. Mega evolution. We believe stones like those is the key to Mega evolution, the Pokémon is also able to turn back after evolving this way. We also think that the attacks of the Mega evolved Pokémon triple in power! The stones you have are a key stone and a Charizardite X stone, you hold on to the key stone but give the Charizardite X to Charizard and if the theory of Mega Evolution is correct Charizard should be able to Mega Evolve in battle!" I told her enthusiastically "thanks Professor! If Charizard is able to Mega Evolve I'll tell you straight away!" She responded "I'd appreciate that very much Y/N!" I told her before we heard yells from the lab.

Y/N's P.O.V.

We ran into the room where we entered the lab, Garchomp had a strange collar on his neck. Team Rocket removed their disguises Froakie and Fennekin were also in here. "Y/N" James said with no emotion "heartless bastard" I said in the same way "must I apologise again?" He asked "sorry doesn't fix the fact that you left me with no way of defending my self against Zekrom you coward!" I yelled "Charizard go! Use fire punch!" I ordered Charizard did so sending them flying through the roof. Garchomp sent a hyper beam at us luckily we all dodged the attack, he then smashed through the roof and left "Charizard let's go after it!" I told him he nodded, I jumped on his back and he took off, as Charizard followed Garchomp, I noticed Fennekin was here too. "Fennekin are you alright?" I asked as I grabbed it and put it on my lap "fenfen!" It chirped happily "Charizard, it looks like Garchomp has headed to Prism Tower let's go quickly!" I told him. Once we arrived I jumped off and returned Charizard to it's Pokéball, I was on the roof top it's a good thing I'm not afraid of heights! As I walked closer to Garchomp I could tell it was trying to fight the power of the collar but it wasn't working and she was in a lot of pain Fennekin dashed to my side and went to attack but I told her not to. "Garchomp? I know you're in a lot of pain right now, our pain might be over different things but I know what it's like to hurt this much, we're just trying to help. I just want to help you get that collar of you and take you back to Professor Sycamore he's very worried about you" I told her. Garchomp was very still now "alright Fennekin use scratch to get the collar off" I told her. The collar came off first try but when Fennekin landed the ground beneath her broke and Fennekin fell off the tower! 

I jumped after her and caught Fennekin just seconds before she hit the ground. That Pokémon we saw at the airport caught me and safely out me in the ground "thanks" I said before I joined the others and was glad to see Garchomp was there unharmed. "Y/N, thank you so much for going after Garchomp and saving Fennekin again! I'm very grateful and glad to see that you're alright" he told me "your welcome Professor" I said happily, then I did something I haven't done in a while, I smiled! I forgot how good it felt to smile "that's the first time I've seen you smile all day, it suits you, you should smile more often Y/N" Professor Sycamore laughed. I felt my face heat up at his comment, I liked his laugh it sounded so happy and cheerful and... nice.
We all returned to the lab, Professor Sycamore let us stay the night, seeing as I didn't sleep anymore I decided to start cleaning the mess Team Rocket made earlier. By 3am I was done tidying there was nothing I could do for the actual repairs. "I think I'm running out of thank you's" some one laughed from behind, it was Professor Sycamore. "Well I don't sleep anymore and this mess wasn't gonna tidy itself" I laughed "hehe you're laugh is almost as beautiful as your smile." He sighed happily, a small blush appeared on my face, it's been a while since I was complimented like that. "Forgive me Y/N but I seem to have grown feelings for you, in such little time too" the professor sighed, oh man I'm gonna hate myself for this "I'm sorry Professor but I'm not ready to go back into a relationship just yet" I apologised "no need to worry, I understand, just remember when ever you're ready I'm here or if you wish to stay just friends I'll be more than happy with that. Good night Y/N" he laughed before going to bed. 

Timeskip

After breakfast we were ready to go "did you not sleep again Y/N? One of these days you're body is gonna collapse if not from exhaustion then from starvation!" Red began nagging if it's not him then it's mom. "Oh before you go you three take these, they're Kalos region Pokédex's" Professor Sycamore said before handing them over "thanks!" We all said happily, as we were about to leave Fennekin and Froakie jumped in front of us and nudged a Pokéball in our direction, Froakie in front of Ash and Fennekin in front of me. "It looks like they want to go with you" Professor Sycamore chuckled, Froakie and Fennekin nodded in agreement, "would that be alright professor?" I asked "of course! Consider it a welcome gift" he answered cheerfully I tapped the ball on Fennekin's head he went in the ball and made no attempt at escaping the same with Ash and Froakie. "Red would you like a starter Pokémon from the lab too?" Professor Sycamore asked "hmm oh no thanks I'm fine with my current Pokémon but thanks for asking" Red replied, he's had those Pokémon for years he'll never change his team. Clemont and Bonnie decided that they were going to go with us, we were heading to the Pokemon center to register for the Kalos Pokémon league, after that was done we headed to the Santalune gym! I have a feeling this is gonna be our best adventure yet but there is only one way to find out I guess!