i will make you believe you are lovely.

a song fic based off the twenty one pilots lovely.

basically it's a fic where dan is self-conscious and phil is there to tell him he's perfect.

triggers- just self doubt.

------------------------------------------

 you say things with your mouth

cobwebs and flies come out, hear a second voice behind your tongue somehow

luckily I can read your mind, flies and cobwebs unwind

they will not take you down, they will not cast you out.

Dan stared at himself in the mirror, eyes locked on his stomach. "Fat." He mumbled. "Fucking obese honestly." He felt the hot tears fill his eyes. He heard a knock on the door, and mumbled yet another swear. "Dan? Are you okay? You've been in there for a while." Dan bit his lip. "Peachy. Just peachy." Phil knocked again. "Open up." He knew what Dan was doing in there. He did it every Wednesday at 9 p.m. He stared at himself, called himself foul words and cried for at least 2 hours. Phil needed to stop this. He needed to stop him before he does something stupid to himself. 

dear friend, here we are again

pretending to understand how you think your world is ending,

sending signals and red flags in waves

it's hard to tell the difference between blood and water these days

i'll pray one day to see you

the only difference between life and dying

is that one is trying, that's all we're going to do

so try and love me

and i'll try to save you.

Phil knocked hopefully for the last time, as Dan opened up the door. His cheeks wet, eyes bloodshot. "Danny, baby, why do you do this to yourself?" He wouldn't stop staring back at himself in the mirror. "They are gonna unsubscribe." Phil looked at him. "What?" Another tear slid down his cheek. "I'm gonna have to finish studying law, and become the most depressed lawyer ever!" He cried, crumbling to the floor. "Jesus Christ." Phil mumbled, sighing before taking a seat next to the distressed brunette. "Why are you saying that?" Dan sighed. "I'm so fat! I'm over it! I'm better off dead!" Phil looked at the emotional unstable boy. There has to be something he could to do help it. 

won't you stay alive

i'll take you on a ride

i will make you believe

that you are lovely. 

Phil grabbed Dan's knee, and bit his lip. "If you died, who would I do phil is not on fire with?" Dan looked at me. "Probably Hazel!" He sobbed. I rolled my eyes. "No, silly. You mean the world to me, and i would probably be nothing without you." He sighed. "You'd be happier." I shook my head. "No,I wouldn't." Another tear rolled down his cheek. "You would be married and you would have a family and kids and-" He was cut off by his own sobs. "Danny, you mean the world to me. You are so attractive, so beautiful, so perfect god dammit." 

your redemption won't grow stale

we are now setting sail

on seas of what we fear

treason now is growing near to me

i'm coming clean

god, hit me straight on.

"You h-have to say that! Your my boyfriend!" He cried as Phil sighed. "Dan, I would speak the truth to you, and I am. You are literally one of the best people I've ever met. You are so amazing, and my life would suck without you." He looked at me with his beautiful, huge, doe-like brown eyes. "Really?"

won't you stay alive

i'll take you on a ride

i will make you believe 

you are lovely. 

"Really. Dan, I want to stay with you forever. You just to promise to stay alive, okay?" Phil spoke to the younger boy. Dan nodded. "I will for you."