10| The Battle of Seiretei IV : Bloody lies

- Chapter 10 -

The Battle of Seiretei IV : Bloody lies

Toshiro

I watched around me in horror the non- moving, blood-covered bodies of the dead council. I left Miyori in Matsumoto's frozen hands from the shock and fear. I walked inside the large room and I got close to the first victim. He had a long white beard and his limp hand was hanging from the table he used to be spending his day. My index finger touched the red blood pool which was splattered in front of his chest.

I rubbed the dark red blood between my fingers "The blood is dry... It even turned black and breaks into flakes...They must have been dead for at least 2 days" I made my conclusion after I investigated the blood.

But when? When they were killed? Since Abarai was defeated and martial law declared, the Central Underground Assembly Hall has been completely isolated from the outside. None would be allowed near here. Plus, until we broke in by force today, the 13 levels of protection are still in place and there were no signs of intrusion. In other words, they were killed before they were sealed in! And, the recent orders we received from the 46 Chamber were..

I clenched my fist in pure anger "All fake!" I muttered.

Who could have done this? Ichimaru? But to kill all 46 members without being noticed and then cover it up so nicely than none found out until now... Did he do that all by himself? Or are there others?

"I thought you would be here, captain Hitsugaya" A voice exclaimed a few meters away and I turned only to find...

"Kira!" I said surprised. "It can't be! Did you do this?" Kira! What is he doing here? But after he could reply, he disappeared.

"After him, Matsumoto!" I said and I started running towards the direction he disappeared so sudden. Only the ones who are guilty are running away.

"Yes, sir!" Matsumoto said out loud and followed my petit figure right away.

I managed to ran fast and almost catch up to the blond haired male. Did he really do all this? "Hold it, Kira! Answer the question!! The one who killed the Central Chamber members... Was it you?" My voice cracked a bit, not wanting to believe in Kira's guilt, although I knew his upcomming answer.

"No... I came only a few moments before you did, captain Hitsugaya. I was let in by someone from inside" Kira said with a monotoned tone.

"Let in? By who?"

"Obviously, the cantral 46 members" he simply answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world and continued running on a crimson roof.

"Shit!" I muttered. "Is this your idea of a joke?"

"But more importantly, are you sure you're doing the right thing, captain Hitsugaya? Instead of chasing after me like this, shouldn't you be protecting Hinamori-kun?" Kira asked and I looked at him with a shocked look.

"What do you mean by that? Right now, Hinamori-san is-"

"Gone" Kira cut me off quickly as his loud footsteps echoed on the wooden roof "She is no longer in the 10th division barrack"

"What?!" I said surprised. It can't be... She couldn't have just-

" You placed a barrier around Hinamori-san's sleeping quarters, Captain Hitsugaya. The high level barrier, "Kyoumon", which is capable of deflecting any attacks from the outside. So, with no worries, you left Hinamori-san" Kira explained. "But that barrier, is remarkably easy to break from the inside. Hinamori-san is exceptionally talented with demon arts, so naturally, she broke such a barrier without much effort. She raised a barrier around herself, completely erased her spiritual pressure and passed right through"