18| They arrived

- Chapter 18 -

They arrived

Toshiro

We were currently near the woods, training for the upcomming battle with the Arrancars that we were informed we would have. Actually, we were trying to connect with our swords so we could gain more power or something similar to it. Loud noises came from the direction where Yumichika was training with Miyori, growing louder as Yumichika became more frustrated.

"Shut up you guys! FOCUS!!" I yelled annoyed at them as a vein popped on my head. "Or I"M GONNA SEND YOU BACK TO SOUL SOCIETY!!!"

They seemed to get the point so they stopped the ruckus. "Geez, are they incapable of calming down and talking to their swords?" I asked myself as I left a small sigh and continued concentraning on my sword again.

When I was ready to connect with my sword, I swear I heard Madarame mumbling something. I turned my head to him and raised an eyebrow. "Hm? You said something, Madarame?"

He shook his head negatively and kept his eyes off of the sky. "Nah. It is nothing..."

Suddenly, a creacking noise started echoing around which made us all to turn our attention towards the direction of the loud noise. The sky had a small crack which immediately grew wider and revealed four white figures with high spiritual pressure. Arrancars.

Yumichika glued his eyes on the Arrancars and stared at them in disbelied and shock. "Arrancars?" he exclaimed in a bit of high-pitched tone, not wanting to believe the sight in front of him. "There... There's no way, isn't it too soon?!"

I regained my composure but looked with hatred at the new guests. "It is too soon... but it seems that we don't have time to figure out the reason"

"OH?" the most muscular Arrancar exclaimed as he adverted his gaze playfully on our group. "We came out in a pretty nice place, didn't we?"

"Yes, so we can kick your ass!!" Miyori yelled from behind, her yellow eyes now seeming to getting in fire, the sun making them look like pale red.

The Arrancars ignored us utterly with one of them leaving the group behind. As long as they were chatting with each other, we had left our gigais by swallowing the special caramel Urahara had given us. I unseathed my zanpakuto, Hyorinmaru, and made a direct attack at the muscular Arrancar who was the first one to get in my way. But, his reflexes blocked me from slicing his chest in two. He had unseathed his sword half-way and was keeping my zanpakuto away from his body.

"Hitsugaya Toshiro, Squad 10 Captain" I introduced myself with my usual emotionless face.

A wide smirk spread across his face and looked at me with glimmering eyes. "What a coincidence! I'm a 10 too!! Arrancar Diez (= ten), Yammy"

I quickly tensed up. "Diez...! Are you an Espada?"

"You know quite a lot, don't you?" he retorded and send daggers at my skull with his sharp glare. "Seems you fought with someone who doesn't know how to shut up"

I returned the glare and made my first attack with my ice dragon. He quickly melted and became water, which in progress wrapped around his body and freezed, making him a complete ice cube. But as soon as he was completely frozen, he tightened his muscles which affected the ice which surrounded him and made it brake in small snowflakes.

"The hell's that?? It's soooo~ cold!"

"Tch" I muttered in annoyance as I took a defensive posture. He's only tenth but, even with the limit released, it's useless without bankai. I was ready to make another charge at the vigorous Arrancar, when a voice disturbed us.