22| The Final Battle II: Captain... We meet again

- Chapter 22 -

The Final Battle II: Captain... We meet again

Miyori

It proved that the one who was following us all that time was Nel, running after Ichigo. Jeez, I swear this girl is more obsessed than me on the strawberry man! Even when we had taken completely different paths, Nel was lucky and had picked the one me and Ichigo had headed at. Though, Nel was making me laugh with her current obsession and sudden attractions towards Ichigo.

Although all that, I had still this bad feeling that someone was watching us. My yellowish orbs travelled left and right around the hallway, something seeming off. The completely surprising feeling of a spiritual pressure coming closer towards us was confirmed when Ichigo snapped his head towards the direction I was feeling the reiatsu too.

Nel stared at both of us confused and I took a step closer to her, making a protective movement and putting my hand on her shoulder. The little Hollow seemed scared but didn't move an inch away from my hand.

"Ichigo, we have company" I informed him, but it seemed that he already knew that from the hard glare he was shoting to a particular part of the room. I unseathed my sword, but not fully, just to make sure that Nel wouldn't get hurt.

As an answer, Ichigo shouted at the certain destination, "Get out!" he growled, his eyebrows furrowing in irritation. We both watched and heard for any suspicious move or sound but nothing was heard except Nel's heavy breathing.

"Whoever's hiding up there! I told you to COME OUT!!" Ichigo yelled again, more frustrated this time by the non-appearance of the mysterious admin of the reiatsu.

Suddenly, the polls which were holding the roof started grumbling down and it seemed clearly that the mysterious guest was getting away, escaping from our upcomming battle against him. I stayed close to Nel, afraid of leaving the small child on his own while Ichigo started chasing after the figure.

Though, Ichigo's words which came out of his mouth later made me stay dumbfounded in utter shock: "Miyori, take Nel and get the hell outta 'f here!" he yelled at use from behind his shoulder, the figure falling right in front of him.

"Ichigo, are you completely crazy?!" I asked him in complete irritation and growled warningly at him. He just shook his head and motioned at me to leave. I was ready to retort back at him but from the look he gave Nel, I understood that he was carrying for the small Arrancar, even if she was a bit annoying from time to time.

I nodded and grabbed Nel from her waist, pulling her along with me while she was whining and shouting that she wanted Ichigo. I felt sorry for her though; she was being torned away from the person she was trusting the most at the moment and I can imagine someone doing that to me with the person being Ikkaku or Toshiro.

I decided to stop in front of an empty room and set Nel down, though holding her hand to prevent her escape. The small Arrancar was crying endlessly and her cheeks were flushed from crying. I sweatdropped lightly and caressed her cheek so she would turn around and look at me.

When I managed to convince her look at me, I gave her a small smile of comfort. "Nel, I know how you feel now, but we can't do anything for that. Berry-ch-- I mean, Ichigo-kun is fighting over there now and he's doing it for us so we can be saved. He wanted me to take you away so you wouldn't get hurt. You know that Ichigo did this for your own good, right?"

Nel's big green orbs stared directly in my yellow ones and she nodded slowly, still not trusting me a bit. I patted her head sympathetically and took her hand, leading her away from the place Ichigo was fighting.